Snow Pack Status for the 2017/2018 Winter

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Its still very early in the season, but Wyoming is off to a great start. I sure hope this keeps up:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Kevin
With all that snow building up, you better rush out and get yourself a big snow blower or a four wheeler with a plow attachment. LOL!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Ah the snow pack in my area. I'm at a touch over 1200 feet here on the valley floor. Snow is very-very rare. Now you go 20 - 30 miles south or east you'll get all you want ... and then some. Mt. Ashland, our big ski area, had about 250 inches last winter.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
All the storms have been going north this year. i just got back from a road trip across southern Wyoming then over to the Front Range of Colorado, then south thru Colorado Springs and down thru Alamos and over to the San Juan, then on the way back I drove over to Durango and went north headed back to Wyoming. There was hardly any snow except up very high and even then it didn't look very deep. The good news is that the forecast is calling for three days of snow starting tonight here in western Wyoming. Hopefully, it will dump a ton of snow.

r_brian

Reaction score
Here in New Mexico, pretty much zero.

Jemez Mountains - 0%
Sangre de Cristo Mountains above Santa Fe - 3%
Upper Rio Grande - 0%
Upper San Juan - 17%

Brian

Here in Albuquerque, we've gone 96 days without any measurable precipitation. Supposedly a small chance for rain on Wednesday.

plecain

Reaction score
NH's mountains are in good shape for snow already.
Expecting another 12"-18" tonight.