Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Currently Westminster, Co. Headed to "West Slope" next few years

Default River Bottles in Colorado- Warning

The Garfield County Sheriff has issued a warning about "river bottles" turning up on river banks.

The Sheriff says over the past week, residents of Garfield, Eagle and Pitkin Counties have encountered bottles turning up on river banks.

According to the Garfield County Sheriff, the contents of the bottles are "hazardous to human health." The substance inside the bottles is a blue and purple liquid that is "corrosive and flammable." Bottles are about the size of a water bottle and have duct tape on them.

Do not touch call local Sheriffs Dept.
    9news.com | Garfield County Sheriff: Beware of 'river bottles'

2. Thanks scotty macfly thanked for this post

Default Re: River Bottles in Colorado- Warning

What kind of sick person is doing this?

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Saw a little bit about this on the news. Yeah, if you find any, do what losthwy said, call the Sheriffs Dept.

Sick, sick people do this Dave. I hope this person/people are caught soon.
    The only thing human kind ever learned through history, is that through history, human kind has learned nothing.

5. Likes littledavid123 liked this post

Very confusing story.
    Somebody has gone to a lot of trouble to make these bottles full of "corrosive and flammable" liquid. Then, for whatever reason, they've thrown them into rivers. For what purpose??
    Probably not a threat to the rivers, because the bottles are sealed.
    Really a mystery. But trying to make sense of an idiot's mind is a waste of time.

Hopefully they're all gone by the time I get to the Frying Pan for fishing in a couple of months!

On a lighter note!!! I fish with a guy that brings stuff with him that is flammable and corrosive! I tried it once and had to sit down and 'rest'. Burned the whole way down!!! Pretty sure the Sheriff would want to know about that as well.
    Hopefully they catch this person, but I agree with the above post, probably not a big harm to the river.
    flyfishingnwmontana.blogspot.com

8. Likes dean_mt, scotty macfly, tx_newb liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mtboiler View Post
    On a lighter note!!! I fish with a guy that brings stuff with him that is flammable and corrosive! I tried it once and had to sit down and 'rest'. Burned the whole way down!!! Pretty sure the Sheriff would want to know about that as well.
    Hopefully they catch this person, but I agree with the above post, probably not a big harm to the river.
    True. If the Animas River can survive the Gold King Mine spill, the bottles are likely pretty insignificant to the river. I wouldn't drink from them, though, and maybe not from your buddy's bottles, either!!

10. Likes scotty macfly liked this post

Sounds like someone needed to get rid of a byproduct/evidence. Who knows. Sh%tbirds!

12. Likes scotty macfly liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    Sounds like someone needed to get rid of a byproduct/evidence. Who knows. Sh%tbirds!
    Maybe the mind of a druggie is too irrational to understand, but dumping them into a river certainly draws attention to it.

Lots of better options: Dumpster; Burning; ...

Colorado will just pass a law making it legal to manufacture Meth with the excuse it will keep the rivers clean!

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

15. Thanks gdwigg thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    It is the one bottle "shake and bake" method of cooking methamphetamine. In Wisconsin, there was an alert about discarded meth bottles along our freeways.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

17. Likes 0bie liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast