Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Long Road to Craig

Awesome read, you are a very talented writer, thanks for sharing!
    Larry

2. Likes npike liked this post
  3. Default Re: Long Road to Craig

Good on you. Made the drive from Island Park to Craig and back this past fall, albeit much slower, do to us towing a 25 year old RV much too large for our truck. Will be back out your way June 27th. Cant wait to be sitting in The Slide chatting with Kelly. Its been a long winter back here in Pa. Thanks for transporting me back there, if only temporarily. Special part of the world. Do yourself a favor and revisit The Grizzly for another burger next time you find yourself passing by. They are gooooood.

4. Likes npike liked this post

A few fun browns and a rainbow in the 16"-18" class Wednesday. I did raise a big but just nicked him on the set. Same dry midge pattern and size.

Snow is off the lowlands, the grasses are greening, the river rising, the geese loud and aggressive. The fish come up when the light dims. The drift boats are off the water and the sports and guides bellied up to the bar before I start fishing. Nice midge hatches. Still haven't seen a BWO, warmer water is needed they say. I did get chilled in the water in the later evening with two layers of fleece and a down jacket and three pairs of socks.

Today, Friday, felt like the first real day of spring in Bozeman, and the Craig shop that blogs best is reporting BWO's on the lower reaches. Guess I'll find out Sunday.

I fish alone because that's what I like to do, and my fishy friends at work think I'm crazy for driving past so much good water to get there, and my brother is stuck on the coast, so I've been enjoying reporting here. I'm not exactly sharing secret water, and I have no financial skin in the game, so thank you.

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg
    Last edited by npike; 04-20-2018 at 11:50 PM.

6. Likes mcnerney, cpiercem liked this post

A natural midge in the surface water over a brown in the net, a little Harrop imitation still in the brown's lip

IMG_0727 (4).jpg

8. Likes cpiercem liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12