Keep the dogs away!

cpiercem

Reaction score
Wow, that water is in a hurry to get off the mountain. Not many things better than spring time in the mountains. I love the two thumb picture. I didn't know you could do that with a digital camera. I did lots of them with 35 mm SLR.

I'm glad that you didn't have a close encounter with the local moose. They can be nasty. I've had a couple of close calls and several startling encounters. I carry bear spray everywhere now days...I am hoping it deters mad mama moose also!

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, that water is in a hurry to get off the mountain.
Very well said! Piper and Lily are 2 of the more obedient pups I have managed in my years and I figure they would run right past me and the moose would have an easy target...Anything to save my girls...Good call on the bear spray, I feel like I have 60$ just sitting there looking good, i might as well carry it. You are keenly observant. I can still smell the flowers as I type.

kevind62

Reaction score
After the severe rain/sleet/hail/snow we got in my area of current operations, I decided in an effort to at least get out of the truck we would head towards the low canyons of the Medicine Bow Range.

A short drive and a long hike sounded better than a long drive and long hike anyways. As we arrived I could hear the roar of the water. The sound was menacing. Stay in tight girls, this is big water and not a good place to just go diving in.

If you noticed in that picture above, there is a fly line and leader present. Yes, a nice little foam pocket that undoubtedly held a trout or two. Indeed it did. The first fish to hand after a long winter break from this little jewel. A fat little parr marked, heavily spotted rainbow had crow counted upon him. No worries young lad, you're going right back in. You can see I am using my favorite dry fly. How I managed to get 2 thumbs is beyond me but it is how I normally feel so all is well.

Were you fishing in Chernobyl? Judging by the picture I'd strongly advise against consuming any of those fish and I'd go immediately to the doctor and get that hand checked out. It's kind of freaky. Just saying. :D

del gue

Reaction score
Yep, like going on a trip from my living room! I live vicariously through posts like this!

cpowell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yep, like going on a trip from my living room! I live vicariously through posts like this!
Thank you, I try and put some effort into these reports to try and get others to follow suit and also to start conversations with people. I have been so busy these last years and moving around the country I have lost all of my fishing companions and so I am basically relegated to my four legged girls. Just lost my last fishing compadre and so I will be flying solo for a while on the water...I just prefer to fish with other folks.

I like seeing and reading about areas that I cannot possibly ever make it to just to enrich my geographic knowledge. I hear oyu loud and clear about the vicarious living...Although I stay active on my days off I really love seeing other areas...Like who is fishing the Ausable? GLM was my connection to the holy waters and now he has gone by the wayside as well.

Maybe unkown will post up a good report of his next adventure?

There was a short steelhead season on the Skag yet no reports or photos...Well actually I have a couple from my son, but I did not post them.

I am still waiting on Silver and Ard to start showing us what they do to stay so in tune with what's happening on the waters. I know we have guides on here that probably fish a lot but most guides only fish for clients now and few if any actually fish for fun. Nate from High Plains here in Laramie still fishes for fun and he guides but it's kind of a rarity these days.

Fishing isn't like tennis or golf...Two people of varying skill levels can have a fine time on the water.

buffler razz

Reaction score
I have been so busy these last years and moving around the country I have lost all of my fishing companions and so I am basically relegated to my four legged girls. Just lost my last fishing compadre and so I will be flying solo for a while on the water...I just prefer to fish with other folks.

Well if you ever think about heading a bit to the northwest of Laramie please give me a shout. Still learning the waters after moving up this way last year and always welcome an accomplice.