Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

Just got back from the Marlboro Ranch. Had to fish a pond that had not been stocked in 3 yrs. but my intent was to learn to cast anyways so the fact that the fish were not biting didn't phase me too much. You simply cannot get upset when you are in the most beautiful place in the world. Of course I was hoping we would hit the Yellowstone River or Madison, but o-well.

Default Re: Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

You're right about the most beautiful place in the world! Curious why it was that you weren't able to fish the Yellowstone or the Madison while you were up there in "God's Country".
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

3. Default Re: Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
    You're right about the most beautiful place in the world! Curious why it was that you weren't able to fish the Yellowstone or the Madison while you were up there in "God's Country".
    It's a trip you win with Marlboro. There's soo many activities to do you don't get ton of time to do each one. I spent my other time driving h1 hummers up the crazy mountains, skeet shooting, cattle drive, yellowstone park, etc...

Default Re: Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

Hi New2FlyVA,

Thanks for the pictures. I see some good water right behind you in your first picture. It would have been hard for me to pass that up for other stuff.

Frank

5. Default Re: Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
    Hi New2FlyVA,

Thanks for the pictures. I see some good water right behind you in your first picture. It would have been hard for me to pass that up for other stuff.

Frank
    That 1st pic was the Yellowstone River, it was a smoke brek so the bus stopped for 10 min. and we were out of there..... bummer....

6. Default Re: Clyde Park, Montana. 1st time FlyFishing!

Beautiful area that. My best friend was from the Great Falls area but they had property close to White Sulphur Springs and we spent a few summer and a couple of winter weekends in that area before he passed.

Hope you guys made it to White Sulphur Springs to enjoy the Hot Springs there. It's incredibly refreshing! Just north of there are many small lakes and streams and outfitters put in for the Smith River float just outside of White Sulphur. The Smith is an amazing fishery that you have to try at least once in your life!