FOUND: Fly Box in SW Montana/Bozeman

RafT

Reaction score
I found a fly box in the SW Montana/Bozeman area and would love to return it to its rightful owner. If you, or someone you know, lost a fly box message me with a description of the box and the area where you may have lost it.

Thanks

Raf

spm

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum, Raf. And I have to say this is probably the best first-post I have seen on here. It speaks to who you are better than anything else you could have said. I hope you stick around and post about your fishing adventures.

Thanks.
steve

sab_0010

Reaction score
I agree with spm, you have extraordinary character for reaching out to the community to try to find the owner of the fly box.
This reminds me of a GoPro Hero 4 camera I found under the sand on Hatteras Island two years ago. After watching the videos, it appeared that a young boy, probably around 11 or 12, had just got the camera as a gift. There are a few videos of the boy body surfing with the camera attached to a helmet before the boy's father asks to try out the camera. The father loses the camera on the very next wave and the rest of the videos are of the camera rolling around endlessly on the sea floor. I have not located the boy or his father, but the camera is still in my desk. Also, kudos to GoPro because the videos are from 2015 if I recall correctly, and I found the camera in functional condition in July of 2016.

RafT

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I know that if I lost something of value, I would hope that whoever found it would do the same thing! I will let you know if I find the owner!

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi Raf, welcome to the forum, lots of good folk here including yourself. Hope the rightful owner of the fly box is found. Glad you can hang out with us!

:welcome:

Denny

kevind62

Reaction score
Hello Raft and welcome to the forum. Is it made of plastic with flies in it? It could be one of several of mine I've lost. Haven't fished MT yet but the last one I lost should have had plenty of time to reach there by now. The others should be in Canada by now. :D