Any Maps/Guides of Upper Gunnison, Lower Gunnison or Unpcompahgre ?

losthwy

Montrose, Co.
Reaction score
Are there any maps or guides that show the Upper Gunnison, Lower Gunnison or Uncompahgre Rivers in detail? Such as rapids, access points and the like? fishguide.com has some excellent maps but don't have them for those rivers.

corn fed fins

Reaction score
If you can find this one it has what you will need. The north rim trails are not marked, for good reasons. If you don't rock climb, keep to the south rim access points. Keep in mind if it rains, you will be stuck there until the adobe mud dries. All the access roads become impassable when wet, trust me.

Upper Gunnison is just a river with the highway alongside. Private property chip in GPS is all you need or watch signage along road.

Uncompahgre is the tail section below Ridgway res down to the first fence, roughly 1 mile of water . Then private until Chipeta road in Montrose. Public all through Montrose until you hit Main Street bridge.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

losthwy

Montrose, Co.
Reaction score
I'll pick up a copy of that map. Thanks.
I did pick up a copy of the book a few weeks back at Montrose Anglers. After a fellow in the shop was highly recommending it. But just a few chapters into it so far. Doug tip of the hat on the book. Your first few chapters dealing with the different species was surprisedly informative. Looking forward to finishing it.

gunnison_country

Reaction score
losthwy and Omas-
Thanks for the kind words about the book...I appreciate you guys taking the time to post them. The fellas at Montrose Anglers are a GREAT group of guys and have been super supportive of Fly Fishing the Gunnison Country.