Fishing Animus in Durango in late November?

jonbo

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Durango around Thanksgiving. It's a family thing. I already have a day on the San Juan planned. What I'm wondering, is there anywhere right around Durango I can slip away to and wet a line when I might have a chance? I'm specifically thinking of the Animus. When I tried it a couple of years ago at the same time, the Duranglers guys were skeptical, AND I had no luck. Does the Animus, fed from the high country, really get too cold to fish? It SEEMED that way. No one else was out, which I took as a clue. Anyhow, if the Animus is too cold for the trout to feed, or something, in late November, does anyone know of another stream close to Durango that's more fishable at that time? There's a little creek across from my sister's house that looks sweet, but alas, I don't have permission. Anyway, does anyone know, does the Animus really get TOO cold, or do I just have to alter my technique? My fishing jones gets so high whenever I cross or drive past it I'm probably going to give it a try at some point anyhow. Thanks.