fish Colorado for the first time...

Grizz900

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can figure it out but I like to come on here basically bc i'm bored. I'll be in Denver, for 3 days 10th thru 12th of sept. for Cardinals Rockies series. After that, i'll want to drive North back towards WY, unless there are some 2 footers in your streams. west of Denver. Really, i'm happy with great action no matter the size. C&R is me. that are close by and good camping.

Ive only been as far as Fort Collins. Will I be crossing any rivers on the way? only know about the poudre, near fort Collins. would appreciate the names of a few CO rivers to fish a few days. Wade fishing only. No boat Thanks

Last edited:

photoguy

Reaction score
Just back from the area. Great fishing on the Frying Pan, about a 3 hour drive from Denver I think. And fwiw, we stayed at the Taylor Creek Cabins. Easy access to all the spots on the river, (they also have a mile of private water) and only a few miles out of Basalt.

okaloosa

Reaction score
you can fish south Platte by Deckers about an hour or more away....easy to find since half of denver drives there every day to fish. you wont be lonely there ;)

nawagner

Reaction score
You know about the Poudre, have you fished it? That's where I'd go. PM for specifics.

How far do you want to drive?

Bear Creek, Clear Creek, Cheeseman Canyon, Deckers as mentioned are relatively close.

Farther away:
Sixmile Gap on the North Platte is just a few miles into WY.

Silverthorne/Breckenridge area is really good. If a little hike is OK there is a series of lakes that have a great population of native cutts.