Fellow From France Want's Some Help;

guypmp26

Reaction score
presenting
Hello fisherman friends fly.
I introduce myself I take myself GUY, French, living in the department of drôme.
I came fishing in September 2018 for 3 weeks with 2 friends in the area of Westyellowstone and Coocke city.
we have only one desire, it is to return in 2022 (for 3 weeks) to fish again these mythical rivers that are the Henry fork's, the madison, the Slought Creek and others to discover. I am therefore looking for all possible information regarding accommodation, permits, rivers.
French speaking people on site or in this forum will be welcome, because my ENGLISH is beginner level while wanting to try to progress quickly.
Thank you GUY
PS: if this message is not in the right places, thank you for moving it, I discover your forum

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
This post was made to another thread but I am trying to get him some response by moving it onto this new post, hope it works.

I could have saved 15% or more by switching to GEICO Insurance but when you are the Admin this is what you do :D

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Guy

Welcome to the forum!
You will get a lot of great advice on fishing SW Montana. My favorite of those three rivers is the Madison.

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi Guy and Welcome to the forum! Can't help you with the western states but if you ever make it to SW lower Michigan let me know. You are going to enjoy this forum!

:welcome:

Denny

planettrout

Reaction score
Welcome Guy !!!

Here is some information and links that should be useful in preparing for your next visit to the Yellowstone area. First, the Hatch Chart:

Get on the Blue Ribbon Flies weekly newsletter list and spend time using the information on this site:

Blue Ribbon Flies - Blue Ribbon Flies

Here is Park's Fly Shop over in Gardiner, MT. Another great source of information:

Parks Fly Shop | Yellowstone & Montana Fly Fishing Trips | Gardiner MT

And this is Kelly Galloup's Shop on the Madison River...lots of useful patterns and information:

Fishing - Guided Fly Fishing Madison River | Lodging | Kelly Galloup's Slide Inn

...The Campfire Lodge between the lakes. Great place for feathers, food, lodging and information:

Madison River Cabin Rentals | West Yellowstone RV Park | Madison River Fly Shop

This is an excellent site for photos and information on moving waters in Southern Montana:

https://www.bigskyfishing.com/rivers/southern-montana/

I have been fly fishing in the Yellowstone area since 1975 with my Dad and later my children. It is one of our favorite destinations. This photo, above $3.00 Bridge, on the Madison River, in July - says it all:

PT/TB

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Great stuff PT!

I dropped Guy a PM after recreating his post into a thread, hopefully he will come back to see what his unknown American friends are providing here.

:)

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bonjour Guy,bienvenue ici,sur le meilleur forum forum de pêche à la mouche de l'univers:DTu trouveras plein d'infos,des membres sympa qui t'aideront et peut être certains que tu pourras rencontrer.Si je peux t'aider à communiquer un peu ...feel free to contact me;)

silver creek

Reaction score
presenting
Hello fisherman friends fly.
I introduce myself I take myself GUY, French, living in the department of drôme.
I came fishing in September 2018 for 3 weeks with 2 friends in the area of Westyellowstone and Coocke city.
we have only one desire, it is to return in 2022 (for 3 weeks) to fish again these mythical rivers that are the Henry fork's, the madison, the Slought Creek and others to discover. I am therefore looking for all possible information regarding accommodation, permits, rivers.
French speaking people on site or in this forum will be welcome, because my ENGLISH is beginner level while wanting to try to progress quickly.
Thank you GUY
PS: if this message is not in the right places, thank you for moving it, I discover your forum
One question. How are you planning to stay near the fishing sites? Are you renting a recreational vehicle (motorhome), are you tent camping, or are you planning to get reservations at motels or lodges? I think this is critical since getting a reservation for lodging from France adds a layer of complexity.