Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Stonefly pattern/ Wind River

I am moving out to western wyoming to the dubois area this summer. i will be fishing the wind river a lot. I am trying to stock up on some flies before I go. the only thing I have not bought yet are some stonefly patterns. I am looking for nypmhs or dries. I have never fished a stonefly pattern before, so I do not know where to turn. any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stonefly pattern/ Wind River

SdDryFly: I have never fished the Wind River area, but would suggest you contact the fly shop in Pinedale, WY or maybe one of the fly shops in Jackson.

Two Rivers Emporium - Fly Fishing Outfitter, Wyoming

High Country Flies - Yellowstone & Jackson Hole Wyoming Fly Fishing Equipment, Gear, Tackle, Guides & more!

Welcome to Jack Dennis Sports Online!

Jackson Hole Fly Fishing Guides

Larry

3. Default Re: Stonefly pattern/ Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    SdDryFly: I have never fished the Wind River area, but would suggest you contact the fly shop in Pinedale, WY or maybe one of the fly shops in Jackson.

Two Rivers Emporium - Fly Fishing Outfitter, Wyoming

High Country Flies - Yellowstone & Jackson Hole Wyoming Fly Fishing Equipment, Gear, Tackle, Guides & more!

Welcome to Jack Dennis Sports Online!

Jackson Hole Fly Fishing Guides

Larry

If you get to Pinedal go to the Two Rivers Emporium....Talk to Mike or Tim................Both of them will help you out alot...I bought my Orvis Trout Bum their last year and this year I bought my Orvis T3 The guys their are very helpfull and are just nice guys.
    Also let me know because we fish up in that area....I live in Lander WyIam about 1.5 hours away and a freind of mine is a guide and can help you out.

Default Re: Stonefly pattern/ Wind River

There are two fly shops in dubois also that i can get the information from. I actually might be working part time for the tickled trout fly shop in dubois this summer. I am sure i can get plenty of information through the summer, was just hoping to pick up a few more flies before I got there.