Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  25
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Default Re: New Flats Fly Lines

I have an Airflo Cleartip Tropical short coming in 8 wt. I plan to fish it on an 8 wt TCX, but I have other 8s to try it on also. Airflo gives a head wt of 400 grains but I think that is for the entire 51' head. I spent a short time with one of these lines on a 9 wt (TFO Mangrove)last year and it impressed me enough that I wanted to try it on my 8 wt. As part of the same order, I also have a 5 wt Amplitude smooth bone fish on the way. I am going to try it on the new X in a few weeks. I will post my impressions here after I fish both lines.

Default Re: New Flats Fly Lines

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    The main reason line companies are reluctant to suggest lines for rods is two fold. First, they make many lines and some are performance oriented for skilled anglers, often with longer, compound tapers and extended rear tapers and second they also produce short blunt head lines for anglers less understanding about rod loading and line carrying. Yes, it is there belief, though they would never pronounce this in public, that many of us can't cast particularly well butt they want us to go fishing anyway.

I think you meant to say "buy their stuff anyway".

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789