Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default They're finally in :)

The Bass are finally in! I missed the saltwater classic but I made the most of the last three mornings before work and my to-do list. Nice pick of 20-30" Bass and plenty of little guys to keep me busy. Lots of Hickory Shad in the water so I was expecting a few big fish but never saw them.
    Sorry, the surf was too rough to even consider taking pictures (I've lost too many cel phones ) I really need to get a waterproof camera. The only pic I can offer you is my sore Striper thumb.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Default Re: They're finally in :)

Good to hear you finally got into them Swirlchaser. How long will they stay in close to shore like this?

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Good to hear you finally got into them Swirlchaser. How long will they stay in close to shore like this?

Dave
    Thanks, they're a little late this year so hopefully they will stay until mid December. Not the best temperatures to fish the surf but we'll live with it.

Blog Entries

So you would say you give the day one scratched and sore thumb up then Glad to see you hooked into fish, guess that means I won't be getting any saltwater gear then, hahaha.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Blog Entries

Good to hear the odds are turning for you. I know what it's like getting up at 0300 just to go search for fish that may or may not be in.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post

Dave
    Thanks guys, the hunt is part of the fun. Now I'll be putting some miles on the fishing buggy running up and down the coast for the next few weeks Sorry Gator, no fire sale this year.

Love to hear when people are catching fish! Tight lines and I hope you hook many many more!

-Ian

8. Default Re: They're finally in :)

Sore thumbs = good fishing