more snook on the fly

tbrillinger223

Reaction score
heading out tonight to see if we can score some linesiders or juvies. I produced a pattern that really mimics a pilchard and the snooks love'm. hopefully the weather cooperates. hope to get some better clearer pictures this time.

tbrillinger223

Reaction score
before I met up with my buddy mark, i managed to give the 7 wt. a work out on some 2-3 lb. large mouth and peacock bass at a little lake around the corner from my office, until I was asked to leave by an angry resident of the lake (he was about 8' and has more teeth than I do).

headed down to meet up with mark around 7:30/8:00 in north miami. we were heading out to the few docks that were lit up to see if we could get some in the boat, but the motor had its own plans. I think when the vro pump went, it messed up something in the crank case, thus developing a really really bad knock when you throttle over idle. I think it might be the timing but then again im not a mechanic. hopefully he (my buddy mark) can get the boat in the shop today so it is ready for thursday night. if not, looks like its time to break out the kayak and paddles. :( I will keep you posted on the further developements of our gremlin filled motor.

Colorado Cajun

Reaction score
before I met up with my buddy mark, i managed to give the 7 wt. a work out on some 2-3 lb. large mouth and peacock bass at a little lake around the corner from my office, until I was asked to leave by an angry resident of the lake (he was about 8' and has more teeth than I do).

headed down to meet up with mark around 7:30/8:00 in north miami. we were heading out to the few docks that were lit up to see if we could get some in the boat, but the motor had its own plans. I think when the vro pump went, it messed up something in the crank case, thus developing a really really bad knock when you throttle over idle. I think it might be the timing but then again im not a mechanic. hopefully he (my buddy mark) can get the boat in the shop today so it is ready for thursday night. if not, looks like its time to break out the kayak and paddles. :( I will keep you posted on the further developements of our gremlin filled motor.

That's a bummer! I hope your motor isn't expensive to repair. I made my trip to La. I caught 3 reds, none on a fly.:icon_cry: It was slow fishing for the reds. We caught a bunch of catfish and undersize trout. It was still a great time.

tbrillinger223

Reaction score
CC,

We got the verdict back..... $10,000 :stretcher !!

this includes a new 115 e-tec, jack plate, seastar hydraulic steering. Should have the boat back in a few days when mark (he is the actual owner and charter buddy of mine) strokes the check. I told him he had to keep the boat maintained so I can keep fishing and teach him to fly fish.

Colorado Cajun

Reaction score
CC,

We got the verdict back..... $10,000 :stretcher !!

this includes a new 115 e-tec, jack plate, seastar hydraulic steering. Should have the boat back in a few days when mark (he is the actual owner and charter buddy of mine) strokes the check. I told him he had to keep the boat maintained so I can keep fishing and teach him to fly fish.
Ouch!!!! That new E-Tec sounds like some worry free fishing trips. Glad for you that your not the one writting the check.:icon_cool

tbrillinger223

Reaction score
CC,

roger that!!! It kinda hurts the wallet no matter who writes the check. I can chip in what what I can from the store. (cleaning products, solvents, gelcoat, glass, resin, and unlimited numbers of tools and the labor to back it). I have to admit that dosnt sound like much but when you get things for free or at cost it helps. I think Marc said it might be ready tomorrow or mid-day friday.:clap: So you know what that means........:fishing: for snook, and the tarpon that are still around.:wavetowel. Someday I will break down and get a digital camera (and just think I just learned how to get my VCR to stop blinking 12:00...J/K) to show you guys up north what fun these fish are to catch.

tbrillinger223

Reaction score
the boat runs great, a few bugs to work out. we went out saturday night caught 2 decent tarpon on a shrimp pattern. had to really work to get them to feed. came up to one of the regular docks that usualy hold some nice sized fish. I was casting beyond the light and was actually landing the fly on the dock and dropping it in ahead of the fish, took a few times before we hooked up.