Tampa Bay

chocolatelabs

Reaction score
Hi,

I am traveling to Tampa Bay throughout this year, and I would like to do some fishing. Can anyone recommend a guide for snook, redfish or trout.

I will stay in Bradenton when I go there so any tips on fishing that area would be very helpful.

David

dougm

Reaction score
David,

There are probably several excellent guides in the Tampa Bay area, but I'm only aware of one that I can recommend without hesitation. His name is Dan Malzone (813 831-4052), and even if he is booked during the dates you want to fish, you'd do well to ask him for a referral (the good guides always refer to other good guides).

Hope that helps.

Marshall
Fly Fishing at MidCurrent

dougm

Reaction score
Fly fishing Guide in Tampa Bay

I guide in Tampa Bay and specialize in fly fishing. Check my website, or call me.
Capt. Pat Damico
St. Pete Beach, FL
727-360-6466
www.captpat.com

Capt. Ray Markham

Reaction score
Re: Tampa Bay guide

David,
I guide out of Terra Ceia, Florida, which borders Bradenton. The Terra Ceia Aquatic Preserve is probably the most bountiful area in the Tampa Bay Estuary for snook, trout, and redfish. Tarpon are seasonal. I a run a new Action Craft 1820 Flatsmaster SE Hybrid powered by Yamaha, and pro-staff for G. Loomis and SA. I run spin, plug, and fly trips here, and would be happy to accomodate you for your fishing trip to this area. I am a native Floridian and have fished the area for over 50 years, but guided for only the past 9. I guide strictly with artificial baits and flies. While I preach catch-and-release fishing, I have no problem taking a fish for the table. Please feel free to contact me at any time for rates and availability. I am also the West Central Field Editor for Florida Sportsman Magazine and host their radio show, Florida Sportsman Magazine Live!, which airs Saturdays from 8 to 9 a.m. EST on 1040 WWBA am radio. You may listen in to live streaming audio by going to the Florida Sportsman Website at www.floridasportsman.com and finding the radio show section and going from there. I look forward to hearing from you.
Capt. Ray

Fish Bones

Reaction score
Thanks

A special thanks to you Florida boys who responded so quickly to David's Tampa Bay post. So “hats-off” to Marshall, Buddy, Pat and Ray. Thanks guys and keep the posts coming!!!

Steve :D

dougm

Reaction score
Flyfishing Guide in Tampa Bay

Check out our sponsors on www.tbffc.org it is the Tampa Bay Fly Fishing Club website we have a number of guides that are part of the club. Pat Damico serves on our board of directors as well.

chocolatelabs

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses guys. I don't know when I will have time to set up a trip, but I will be calling the guides that have been recommended.

I am going to be in bradenton on 2/3. Is their somewhere close by that I can wet a line in the evening. I may not have time depening on work and when it gets dark.

What is a good time of the year to fish for snook?

Thanks,

David