Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chesapeake Bay Stripers

Default Chesapeake Bay Stripers

Does anybody have the name of a good flyfishing guide for Chesapeake Bay Stripers?
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

Default Re: Chesapeake Bay Stripers

Depends on what part of the bay, but try these, all have good reputations & all have websites:

Capt Tom Hughes, Upper & Middle Bay capttomhughes@capttomhughes.com, 443-690-3164 410-744-2351

Capt Chris Newsome, Va Beach & Lower Bay, chris@bayflyfishing.com 804-815-4895

Capt Russ Wilkinson, St Michaels, Middle Bay ph: 410/745-9488 cell 301/785-6113, info@chesapeakebayflyfishing.com

Captain Gary Neitzey, Upper & Middle Bay fishhwk@aol.com, 410-758-4262

Captain Kevin Josenhans, Middle Bay 443-783-3271, kjosenhans@aol.com

Capt Mike Starrett, Indian Head Charters, Potomac River, Middle Bay
    301-203-0961 , mstarrett@earthlink.net

Capt Brady Bounds, Middle Bay (301)862-3166 redfish243@yahoo.com
    Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!

Thanks! I'm always looking for something new.....new to me that is! Its kind of funny....been to AK 15 times, but never fly fished on the Chessy, and I only live a few hours away from it.
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

I have used Capt Chris Newsome. He was an excellent guide, and put me on a Sea trout on my first cast of the morning and a striper on my next one. He met me at my hotel and I followed him to the boat, so no getting lost. It was an all around good experience. As you can tell I highly recommend him.

Chris is a super good guy & very knowledgeable too! He's also a very talented fly tier. I've talked with him several times, mostly about tying but have not fished him. I met him a few years ago at a show. If I was to want to fish the lower bay with a guide, he would likely be my first choice.
    Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!