Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Endured the weekend pain for a few hours.

The East wind finally turned and we had a small window this morning before work. Everyone in the NE knows, wind from the west... I normally hate fishing weekends but I needed a fix. Left the dock at 5AM, fished a few hours and was at my desk by 9AM. Despite the weekend warriors running through ever school of Bunker they find we still managed a few bites.

Beautiful morning but boats everywhere, doesn't eveyone know the ocean is mine??

The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Default Re: Endured the weekend pain for a few hours.

Nice!!!! Your killing me with all the fat striper pics Swirl!! I'm a striper junkie at heart and only fish for other species when they aren't around to catch. I see the boat your on has a T-top, does it ever get in the way of casting? I just picked up a 20' center console for the bay and ocean and can't decide weather to build a top for it or not. I still have to replace the floors and transom so I have a little time but I need to figure out how I'm going to set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
    Nice!!!! Your killing me with all the fat striper pics Swirl!! I'm a striper junkie at heart and only fish for other species when they aren't around to catch. I see the boat your on has a T-top, does it ever get in the way of casting? I just picked up a 20' center console for the bay and ocean and can't decide weather to build a top for it or not. I still have to replace the floors and transom so I have a little time but I need to figure out how I'm going to set it up.
    Thanks! That's a 26' CC so it has a little more room. You could probably still get away with casting from the bow on a 20' with a T-top. If your fishing back bays you can put a casting deck over the motor but I wouldn't use it in open waters

Raritan Bay Weekend Parking Lot! The only thing worse is the Rip in the fall. Thats a helluva bass bother! Makes tossing those 12" patterns worth the effort.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Quote Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
    Raritan Bay Weekend Parking Lot! The only thing worse is the Rip in the fall. Thats a helluva bass bother! Makes tossing those 12" patterns worth the effort.
    Thanks WT, thats why I love Blackfishing so much. All the part timers are out of the water by then. When are you coming home?

And I was going to head down to the surf this morning but decided to sleep in....... Oh well.
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----

Quote Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
    And I was going to head down to the surf this morning but decided to sleep in....... Oh well.
    I haven't gotten a surf report yet from the guys. The Bunker wasn't that far off Asbury, not in casting distance from the Jettys but maybe close enough. We should have a west wind for a few more days atleast, you have time. What beaches do you fish? I must have passed you once or twice.

Beauty Marco ! I'm leaving the SMS and heading down. You got me pumped.! Nothing better than Striper before work!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    Beauty Marco ! I'm leaving the SMS and heading down. You got me pumped.! Nothing better than Striper before work!
    Thanks John. You should do well, west wind, back side of a full moon, low tide 6:30-7:30ish depending on where you fish. If I didn't have the kids this weekend I'd be back out again. Right now I'm sitting at my desk smelling like salt and daydreaming.

Man that's a mongo striper for sure. I can't believe I was back in NJ for the first time in years and didn't find you.
    Probably for the best
    "Ok Folks, so I know I'm here for the weekend to see the little brother graduate...buuttt...."
    I'd be apologizing for that for a while!
    thanks for sharing
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast