Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  743
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

I head to Cape Cod later this month for my 24th year of spring fishing trips there.

Wish I had more photos...

Cape '06 2006-05-22_03a.jpg

42%22 striper 2014 Brewster copy.jpg

Tight lines,
    Bob
    At the southern tip of Lake Champlain

2. Likes dennyk, mcnerney, kentuckysteve liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by desmobob View Post
    I head to Cape Cod later this month for my 24th year of spring fishing trips there.

Wish I had more photos...

Cape '06 2006-05-22_03a.jpg

42%22 striper 2014 Brewster copy.jpg

Tight lines,
    Bob
    Daaaang! Nice stripers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks desmobob thanked for this post
    Likes mcnerney liked this post
  5. Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

Spent the week on Fort Myers beach, chased tarpon for a day with no success, but managed a few snook and pompano from the beach. The little guy was behind me with his mom and dad. I over heard him ask his dad if I was going to catch something. As soon as I set the hook, I told him I needed his help getting it in. He ran right over, held on to the rod and started reeling. "whoa its a strong one" he says... We got it landed and took a few pics, I got his moms text number and sent them to her. Made his vacation one to remember she said!
    snook.jpg
    pompano1.jpg

Awesome story! That kid must have been stoked! I love FMB, right down the road. That's a good snook from the beach anyday. Did you fish Sanibel beaches?

Is that pomp still swimming or did it make it into a ceviche.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drr324 View Post
    Spent the week on Fort Myers beach, chased tarpon for a day with no success, but managed a few snook and pompano from the beach. The little guy was behind me with his mom and dad. I over heard him ask his dad if I was going to catch something. As soon as I set the hook, I told him I needed his help getting it in. He ran right over, held on to the rod and started reeling. "whoa its a strong one" he says... We got it landed and took a few pics, I got his moms text number and sent them to her. Made his vacation one to remember she said!
    snook.jpg
    pompano1.jpg
    Thats awesome, he'll remember that fish for the rest of his life. Kudos to you!
    Larry

8. Likes fishordie liked this post
  9. Default Re: Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

I stopped into Norms shop for a report, but didn't make it to the beach there. I was up early every morning while my wife took her morning runs. I saw probably a dozen or so each morning from the pier to the North point. We stayed at the Pink Shell. The pompano actually became a dolphin toy for a few minutes before it became a snack.... The dolphin flipped it out of the water a dozen times before swimming off. Circle of life, but I felt a touch guilty for a bit.

10. Likes cpowell, mcnerney liked this post

Love the dolphins, they are very thankful for the meals. I know we are not supposed to feed them but every once in a while I have to throw them a bone. Looks like you are living right.

12. Likes drr324, mcnerney liked this post

Some Permit action from the Yucatán...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cpowell View Post
    Love the dolphins, they are very thankful for the meals. I know we are not supposed to feed them but every once in a while I have to throw them a bone. Looks like you are living right.
    From my limited saltwater experience, if a dolphin is nearby it's hard to release a fish without them nabbing it. They are intelligent predators that don't miss an opportunity for an easy meal. It's tough being anything smaller than a dolphin in saltwater.

15. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dakotakid View Post
    From my limited saltwater experience, if a dolphin is nearby it's hard to release a fish without them nabbing it. They are intelligent predators that don't miss an opportunity for an easy meal. It's tough being anything smaller than a dolphin in saltwater.
    Yep, they are pretty cool ....there was a YouTube video from the Charleston, SC area ...it showed a momma dolphin teaching one of her young how to corner Redfish and feed on them in the shallow water around a dock.

I actually witnessed a dolphin swim up a creek at low tide and disappear under a dock then come up on the inside of the dock where a school of Reds were holed up in slightly deeper water. That dolphin must have had the stage of the tide figured out exactly as to when it could get under the dock and into that school of Reds which hangs out in the same spot just about every day in the winter.

17. Likes lacivic99, mcnerney liked this post
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast