Saltwater Fish Photos....Post Here!

gatortransplant

Reaction score
As a saltwater fly fisher for part of the year and one who misses the salt for the rest of the year, I'd love to see a thread where people post their saltwater catches... while we could put them in "Fish other than trout" and "warmwater fish" I think we could use a dedicated saltwater thread!

So if that is amenable to the mods, Here's a small snook caught off the beach and an upper-end-of-the-slot nighttime red which inhaled a clouser to kick off the thread:

The coolest part about this redfish was the photoshop-esque shape of the tail-spot:

pete a

Reaction score
Here's a couple from the South Coast (Palacios, TX) and Poorboy Outfitting (me (poorboy) & my sons):
First my oldest's first time out in salt with flyrod

Second pic of his first red (my hand, his fish)

fishindave

Reaction score
@ KWB...Dang, those are some slammin' reds, and a sheepy on fly? Way cool. Did that black drum break that rod? or is it just tore down? Great catches...:worthy:

kwb

Traveler of Both Time and Space
Reaction score
@ KWB...Dang, those are some slammin' reds, and a sheepy on fly? Way cool. Did that black drum break that rod? or is it just tore down? Great catches...:worthy:
Busted rod laying next to the Redfish, was a brand new rod, they wrapped a guide too tight...

milt spawn

Reaction score
Thank you sir. We definitely had some days down there during its resurgence, but to hear the stories of the heyday is almost unbelievable. Doubtful that I'll see a fix in my lifetime. Miss that place, highly unique. milt.

Reaction score
I've just returned from a delightful week in the Cook Islands staying on Aitutaki.
I managed ( read negotiated with SWMBO) 2 days guided fishing with Itu Davey.
Now I have to admit to be a freshwater angler and had some problems (read couldn't do) with casting a 9 weight 30 > 35 yards....
However, I did manage to land 2 nice bones - each weighing in between 9> 10 lb...

thewalker1013

Reaction score
Those bones are ridiculous!

Here is some fun we got into last October in LA... my bachelor party

And some fun off of Cape Cod last summer with 12 wts....

Here is a 'cuda I caught on my Honeymoon in Bora Bora... not huge but I had fun

fishindave

Reaction score
WOW, Felix, those are some flats rockets!!:eek: One of these days I will make it to NZ...Been thinking of it..Long way from AFG though...Whats the best time down there?

Walker, Sweet lineside....

thewalker1013

Reaction score
We were there a little early for the big bull reds, going to go mid-November this time... although, my brother (pictured in the double) did get a shot at a 25lb.+ fish. Unbelievable