Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Thanks Swirlchaser

As usual Swirlchaser gets me all pumped up by posting a pic of a big Striper.
    So I head down to the shore no Stripers but I'm eating good. Plenty of Summer Flounder on Clousers. What a feast we had that night!

And then there was always Sea Robin's for action. Those ugly things fight like crazy.

"I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

2. Likes MoscaPescador, mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: Thanks Swirlchaser

Those are some nice doormats !
    Are the peanuts schooling already ? That's what brings the fluke in close like that.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Rip you are right on the money! Those fluke were right up on a bar slapping peanut bunker with their body's to stun them! Thought it was bluefish(and I've had enough of them for one summer) until one fluke went airborne. For an hour it was fluke or robin on every cast!
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    Those are some nice doormats !
    Are the peanuts schooling already ? That's what brings the fluke in close like that.
    Even a few suprise tide runner sized weakfish. I used to catch the hell out of them right out in front of Leonardo Marina and a limit of fluke while the head/charter boats were scratching their heads. If you fished the channel on an outgoing tide, it was just a conveyor belt of peanuts washing out of the marina. Oddly the weakfish always bit during the slack then once the tide got moving it was all fluke. Fun times though thanks for posting! Now you got me hungry!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

I just realized you posted this, sorry John. Glad you bent the rod, were they where I said they would be or did you have to hunt them down?
    Last edited by swirlchaser; 08-23-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Marco these fish are actually from an earlier trip on L.I.. I haven't posted the trip from LBI because my daughter has the pics. You were right on with that info as we caught 2 to 5 lb blues till our arms hurt . We also got a bunch of fluke and one of the biggest hickory shad I've seen in a long time . I'm on the island (NY version ) right now. Tons of bait and plenty of snappers and small weakfish but so far that's it. Again thanks for the info on LBI. Helps when I can't look out my back door like when I was a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    Marco these fish are actually from an earlier trip on L.I.. I haven't posted the trip from LBI because my daughter has the pics. You were right on with that info as we caught 2 to 5 lb blues till our arms hurt . We also got a bunch of fluke and one of the biggest hickory shad I've seen in a long time . I'm on the island (NY version ) right now. Tons of bait and plenty of snappers and small weakfish but so far that's it. Again thanks for the info on LBI. Helps when I can't look out my back door like when I was a kid!
    RI waters are packed with Stripers, I'm hearing reports of 30-50lb fish. Your not that for away just saying...
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Good Eats!!

Nice resource.