Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love her, even when she's angy

Blog Entries

Default Re: I love her, even when she's angy

Quote Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
    It's funny you say that because I tip my hat to you Trout fishermen. Those damn fish make a fool of me every time I try to catch them.[COLOR="Silver"]
    I understand fully what you are saying, the past few days I have been fishing on the Green and this time of year it is really low and extremely clear water so long casts with small dries are the game and those fish can be extremely quick, so making setting the hook difficult. I have landed numerous fish each day but for each one I hook I probable miss the hookset on 3-4, but I don't mind, it is still a blast to try and match wits with these fish. JP says get yourself over here to France and give his fish a try, they are even faster. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to see it for myself in the spring.

Larry
    Larry

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Lightbulb Re: I love her, even when she's angy

Nuts, just hit me I forgot to ask where you were fishing. I assume the Atlantic?
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Nuts, just hit me I forgot to ask where you were fishing. I assume the Atlantic?
    Yes sir, the Jersey Shore.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    To me that was a very fishy looking surf. Bars and broken water. Usually it's good before the storm. The video really captured conditions well the only thing missing was the scratch and sniff to capture the smell! Nice job Marco! Got to be fish there!
    There was bait so I'm sure something will feed there at some point today but this damn job keeps getting in the way...

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    I understand fully what you are saying, the past few days I have been fishing on the Green and this time of year it is really low and extremely clear water so long casts with small dries are the game and those fish can be extremely quick, so making setting the hook difficult. I have landed numerous fish each day but for each one I hook I probable miss the hookset on 3-4, but I don't mind, it is still a blast to try and match wits with these fish. JP says get yourself over here to France and give his fish a try, they are even faster. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to see it for myself in the spring.

Larry
    Larry I swear I can hear them laughing at me when I wade into a river. They probably smell the salt on my skin and know I'm no threat to them
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
    Larry I swear I can hear them laughing at me when I wade into a river.
    That reminds me of an old Dave Barry column

Fear of fly-casting - Dave Barry - MiamiHerald.com

The trout were laughing so hard at us that they considered evolving legs so they could crawl onto land and catch their breath.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    That reminds me of an old Dave Barry column

Fear of fly-casting - Dave Barry - MiamiHerald.com
    That's me! That quote fits my trout fishing experience to the tee.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Mouth of the Kennebec, a week ago

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12