Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How do you guys feel about the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
    I don't pay very much attention to it all. If I started worrying about things like the best time to fish in relationship to the lunar tables, then I would be missing the entire point of fishing.
    This isn't the same as the lunar tables.... that stuff's voodoo as far as I'm concerned.

When there's a new or full moon, the stronger gravitational pull causes both higher and lower tides (about 20%) and in turn increases the velocity of the water moving between them.
    This affects bait behavior and the territory where the gamefish can hunt for them. It's scientifically much more complicated but the basics are important to keep in mind when you're choosing a time and place to fish.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    ..... It's scientifically much more complicated but the basics are important to keep in mind when you're choosing a time and place to fish.
    That was my point though. I fish when I have the opportunity to get out and fish. Work, my wife, my son, the flu, etc... does not care about the moon in relationship to when I get to fish.

I fish when I can despite any moon condition.
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

It's important to have a plan when you're fishing in a big ocean and the fish follow the food

When you fish saltwater and just go whenever it's "convenient" there's a good chance you'll be wasting your time
    When you plan in advance and fish during predictable and optimal conditions you'll be making the best of your time.
    Big fish are rarely caught by accident
    Last edited by Rip Tide; 10-03-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

When it comes to ocean fishing and tides, I absolutely can't argue since I don't have those elements in the middle of the country.

The only thing I could argue is the notion of wasting your time. To me, fishing is more than catching fish, let alone big fish.
    Less likey, more green dots
    BrookFieldAngler.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123