casting lessons - NJ

speedyb16

Reaction score
hey everyone,

New to the forum and sport.
Looking for anyone who would know or could give some casting lessons in the Monmouth county area.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance

BB

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi speedy,

Try to locate a Trout Unlimited or FFF fly club. You can go on line and locate clubs. You can get lessons form the club.

Frank

jimw

Reaction score
If you fly fish in Jersey you need to check these guys out ASWF.org some of the best tyers and fisherman anywhere. You may want to join they will get you pointed in the right direction. Mostly saltwater but the cast is the same
Jim

FISHN50

Reaction score
Look into joining Central Jersey Trout Unlimited. We meet in the American Legion Hall in Dunellen NJ On the 2nd Tues of the month..Ck out our website
http://www.cjtu.org.
The chapter is very active & there are people willing to help newcomers to the sport. We have a few booths at The Outdoor Show at Raritan center Where We teach kids Fly tying & the booth is right across from the casting pond where we give demo's. We're also at the Somerset Flyfishing show. We also hold getting started in fishing classes at the Pequest Trout Hatchery in the Warmer months. There are other chapters in NJ, some might be closer to you so ck out the links on the website, the other chapter meeting places are listed. If you are primarily interested in the salt try ASWF.org or the bayshore fly rodders at Bayshore Saltwater Flyrodders
They are both good clubs with a lot of friendly people. I'm just really getting started in the salt & I'm thinking of joining Bayshore as I seem to know a good many of the members from TU & they're all good fishermen.

speedyb16

Reaction score
Thanks everyone...I will look into the above....as I fish only in the raritain bay,sandy hook and moco ocean...any club geared that way then another?...thanks

FISHN50

Reaction score
Thanks everyone...I will look into the above....as I fish only in the raritain bay,sandy hook and moco ocean...any club geared that way then another?...thanks
Definatly Ck out Bayshore Anglers