Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default The skinny on Nassua fly fishing

Our entire company is going on a short cruise to the Bahamas in a couple of weeks. The first day will be on the cruise company's private island, and the next day is at Nassua.

I've read Nassua isn't worth fishing, but that's the only chance I have to fish on this trip. I've never been to the Bahamas, it's on my bucket list, and I'd love to get out this trip.

So, what's the skinny? Is it worth hiring a guide at Nassau? I understand it's not Andros, but is there still fish to catch or is it a complete waste of money?

Default Re: The skinny on Nassua fly fishing

There's fish ! Call one of the guys from Freeport / Lucaya to pick you up . Better flats over there . Bonefish Folley used to pickup at Nassau I'm sure his son still does.
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

True, Nassau is not a bonefish "destination" but it is in the Bahamas. Like the Boz says, call one of the local guides in advance. They are pricey because a. its Nassau, b.they have to run you some disance to the flats. My question is, where is the cruise company's private island?

Sorry.... couldn't help it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L762HQ-ha7I]Funky Nassau- beginning of the end - YouTube[/ame]
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

5. Default Re: The skinny on Nassua fly fishing

One of the best guide guide resides in nassau.. His name is bonefish simmon. There are bonefis in Nassau btw
    .[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShftxcfRZZ8]Bonefishing with Simon Bain - YouTube[/ame]