Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Which prescription bi-focal polarized sun-glasses?

Anybody ever tried those bifocals with the magnification at the top of the
    Lens? Might help in walking...but can imagine I'd like them.
    I use prescription for distance with a pair of croakies. I need to tie a knot I let the glasses hang and put on a pair of $19 readers.

2. Default Re: Which prescription bi-focal polarized sun-glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    Flycaster is bonefishing. No over the glasses close-up aid will do. Adds to distortion and 4 surfaces to get salt spray on. No. Smith (Action) Optics or Costa del Mar in GLASS only. There is no more important piece of tackle for a sight fisher than top quality polarized glass only eye wear.
    Sweetandsalt is right. I've tried fit-overs but I got too much distortion as a result.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Thanks for all the feedback.

Those stick on bi-focal sounds interesting! Does it really work? And are they re-movable and replaceable such that removing them does not damage the prescription lens?

Smile Re: Which prescription bi-focal polarized sun-glasses?

They use a very thin layer of water to stick to the glasses. Works great and yes you can move them around from pair to pair. Optx 20/20 Stick-on Bifocals
    I've bought them from Walgreens and Walmart and both were around $20 for a pair. The only downfall I've found is that one pair of my glasses have quite a curvature, or wrap around lens. Tried moving a pair from my my non-wrap around AOs to these Hobies and it didn't work as the lens' had become a bit stiff over the years. (tried that at about the ten year point) So I bit the bullet and just bought a new set and they worked fine.
    http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24405&dateline=129884  8088
    Great Fishing
    Der Alt Jaeger
    Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
    Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

4. Default Re: Which prescription bi-focal polarized sun-glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
    They use a very thin layer of water to stick to the glasses. Works great and yes you can move them around from pair to pair. Optx 20/20 Stick-on Bifocals
    I've bought them from Walgreens and Walmart and both were around $20 for a pair. The only downfall I've found is that one pair of my glasses have quite a curvature, or wrap around lens. Tried moving a pair from my my non-wrap around AOs to these Hobies and it didn't work as the lens' had become a bit stiff over the years. (tried that at about the ten year point) So I bit the bullet and just bought a new set and they worked fine.
    Sounds good! I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12