Islamorada in color

theboz

Reaction score
One thing about Islamorada besides the great Tarpon and Bonefishing is the ridiculous variety of fish you can catch and the panorama of colors they come in! Here is a sampling of some that fell to Sabiki Flys

Red Parrotfish

Surgeon Fish

Blue Stripe Grunt with some camo!

White Grunt

Blue Parrotfish

Baby Yellowtail Snapper

Porkfish

Cowfish

Porkfish

Hogfish

Pinfish

Bermuda Chub

Breakfast

tbblom

Reaction score
Envy...

I fished off that bridge last december, some big tarpon under there. But what to do if you hook one from the bridge?!!!
Nice pics, hoping to get o use my FL license again this year!

theboz

Reaction score
envy...

I fished off that bridge last december, some big tarpon under there. But what to do if you hook one from the bridge?!!!
Nice pics, hoping to get o use my fl license again this year!
pray!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Envy...

Nice pics, hoping to get o use my FL license again this year!

This is what happens when you hook a Tarpon off the bridge even with heavy duty spinning gear! I warned him!

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

This is what they look like lined up under the bridge to feed! Gets your heart pounding!

L

Liphookedau

Some Nice Pics.
I haven't been to Florida yet we have Grunters over here however they are more Silver & Gold they live in The Weed Beds.
We have a Spangled Emperor with Similar markings to what's on your Grunter's Head.
We have many similar Species in our Tropical Waters Parrot Fish are always recognised & are usually The First Fish caught..
Brian.

theboz

Reaction score
Cool pics! Ever catch a flying fish on a fly rod?
No but I caught a Blackfin Tuna on a flying fish!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Some Nice Pics.
I haven't been to Florida yet we have Grunters over here however they are more Silver & Gold they live in The Weed Beds.
We have a Spangled Emperor with Similar markings to what's on your Grunter's Head.
We have many similar Species in our Tropical Waters Parrot Fish are always recognised & are usually The First Fish caught..
Brian.
Brian it's the opposite in the keys Parrots are the last fish caught and only if you chum and use the tiniest sabiki fly. I like those Bumphead Parrots by you they look like fun!

jimp

Reaction score
pretty cool pics. I've been snorkeling and seen some colorful fish, but never caught any like that.

theboz

Reaction score
So how did the Tarpon from the bridge thing end John??
Just as I told him it would with a bunch of jumps he couldn't even see and a loud ping! It could have been worse the day before he was trying to toss a fly at them! Definitely would have kissed that rod good bye !

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

He's alot like me when I was his age throw at anything with whatever no matter how big ! He's a good fly guy and a great fishing partner so I deal with him! I guess my mentors thought the same of me! Haha!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
John: Thanks for posting all those great photos! I spent some time down there when I was in the military, but back then I wasn't into fly fishing (sorry I missed that opportunity).

Larry

theboz

Reaction score
John: Thanks for posting all those great photos! I spent some time down there when I was in the military, but back then I wasn't into fly fishing (sorry I missed that opportunity).

Larry
It's funny Larry I can't imagine going down there and not fishing! Most people are thinking Disney and all that tourist **** I think fish. I've been going to the Keys every year since I was a kid and it never ceases to amaze me the amount and quality of fish. I had to go to a business meeting in Palm Beach one year and I skipped the dinner and festivities after and went fishing. thankfully my son is as fanatic as me so I always have company !

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

I forgot to ask you did you find your dog?