Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 37" striper

Default 37" striper

Caught this guy the other nite awesome fight 25 mins. Next cast caught a 35". I was driving by a spot I fish and almost kept driving glad I didn't.

Default Re: 37" striper

If you live in Hull, I think you do not have a choice but to drive by a lot of spots to fish. I think I would have a hard time keeping my eyes on the road certain times of the year.

Nice fish, well done, any time you can get two fish that size in one night from shore is a major accomplishment. It is always a motivator to get back out there and I am sure you will. .
    "The Tug Is The Drug"

3. Likes bowsie15 liked this post
  4. Default Re: 37" striper

That's a pretty good back to back! Very fishy area. I've made a trip to World's End, but didn't find anything that good. Congrats.

Charlie

Thanks guys basically any where around here this time of year with an outgoing tide fishing is awesome. Where I caught this one has shut off the herring are no longer running so the fish leave the area and head into the bay. In cohasset I caught one on every cast a couple days ago they were only 14"-16" but still awesome.

6. Likes sumojo liked this post

Awesome job on the Striper
    Joseph Russell

Nice fish. Right now people are catching 40-50 in about 5 hours on the Miramichi on flies.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

So far I have been blanked. Each place I fish this year seems to be lifeless. No bait, no bass.

Quote Originally Posted by grouch View Post
    So far I have been blanked. Each place I fish this year seems to be lifeless. No bait, no bass.
    Where are you fishing Grouch????

Baseman 1.....interesting...every report I hear indicates the marimichi is high and not fishing well...where are your guys at?

The river is high but the stripers are moving in and the salmon are running already. Every report from last week was fish are moving in. The stripers though have been running for the last 3 weeks.
    John L.

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast