Outer Banks / hatteras NC

sandfly

Reaction score
Going down in sept. for a week, hope to get out a few times to fish. Here are a few that i tied to take along.

Some finger food !

sandfly

Reaction score
Yep from the sand. going down in a motor home and hitting spots all the way down the outer banks.

Boz i hope the blues do hit and chew em up. Miss that being where i live now compared to living in se pa. and making the run in 2 hours to I.B.S.P.

theboz

Reaction score
Yep from the sand. going down in a motor home and hitting spots all the way down the outer banks.

Boz i hope the blues do hit and chew em up. Miss that being where i live now compared to living in se pa. and making the run in 2 hours to I.B.S.P.
Yeah they are fun ! Fight like mad! Someday I'll make a Demon proof fly! Haha!

tbum2020

Reaction score
If you have time, head to the Oregon Inlet (off the rocks) and fish when tide is coming in... this time is great for blues and Spanish Mackerel. If your looking to get into the big stuff fish an eel pattern deep at night at the Oregon Inlet and that's when the stripers come out to play! I don't want to advise it but for the stripers I clib down the ladders on the inlet bridge piers down to the concrete slab, its gets you down to the water level... Fly fishing directly off the bridge is not going to happen. Also, fish on the ocean side of the bridge and the rocks are also on the ocean side. If your looking to fish the surf, directly past the the inlet is a great place just be careful if your not used to the ocean waters because this is where the rip tide is at its strongest. As for the surf I learnt to look for areas where the beach gets steep as it meets the waters edge and look for black sand that's very "shelly"... the best places off the surf is where it hurts to walk in barefoot. I used to live there in the summer for baseball, I'm jealous, I actually got a Nags head t-shirt on as I type! Good luck and let us know how you do!