Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surf fishing IBSP Jan 2013

Blog Entries

Default Re: Surf fishing IBSP Jan 2013

Rick: Great trip report and photos! I can only imagine what it feels like to hook into one of those stripers at night, must be a major thrill!

I think Wyoming did away with the need for a CC permit a few years back, now anyone can carry.

Larry
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
    Around 10 years ago there a was a rabies outbreak on Cape Cod
    It wiped out the skunk and coyote population pretty much to the last one.

Both of those truly freaked me out at night.

Coyotes would surround you at a distance on the beach late nights, howling in turn to let you know that you were not welcome.
    They would sometimes visit during the day also but not nearly as aggressive
    We had one try to steal our lunch out of the canoe once. After we chased him off, he sat up on the bank and watched us fish for most of the afternoon

The skunks.... they just 'appeared' when not expected... and there were lots of them
    That brings back memories of a camping/fishing trip at Strawberry Park in Connecticut when my kids were little . About 10 of us were sitting around the campfire one night and the skunks were everywhere just hanging back far enough but still in view. . Then one of them decides to go right under my wife's chair and just stay there ! She's yelling at us to do something and all I could do was laugh and say what would you like me to do ? Well maybe that's why she's an ex now ! Still laugh about it to this day when I think about the look on her face !
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    That brings back memories She's yelling Well maybe that's why she's an ex now ! Still laugh about it
    boz,

Yeah, me too! I'm also a single guy now. My wife didn't like the outdoors at all, she didn't like the "bugs". My daughters would have "tea parties" in my Bass Tracker while it was parked in the garage. I bought them "snoopy" fishing rods, but they didn't like to fishing ...... just like their mom!

My son was my fishin' buddy, but moved to Austin, TX as he is a software developer.

I also laugh about my past married life. It was great for twenty years, but now I'm lovin' being single!

Quote Originally Posted by theboz View Post
    How about a sling shot with a silver marble for the werewolves?
    boz,

LOL! I'll have to try that? I've never had a good wrist grip sling shot!

Great book on surf fly fishing after dark. It's winter now, the perfect time to read a good book? The fish come right to the shore to feed in the cover of darkness.

Absolutely perfect for a fly rodder!

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    I think Wyoming did away with the need for a CC permit a few years back, now anyone can carry.

Larry
    AZ did the same thing. It's called Constitutional Carry and it means that unless you are doing something illegal the fact that you are carrying a concealed weapon means nothing.

There are however still bonuses to having a CCW permit in AZ.

1.) No NICS check when buying a gun.

2.) carrying in a restaurant that serves booze still requires a CCW.

mudbug,

The "concealed carry" permit in PA is good for 5 years, and it only costs $15. And very easy to get!

I'm not a felon, and I don't have a criminal record, so when I want to buy a shotgun, rifle, or pistol in Gander Mountain, Dicks, Cabelas, or WalMart, the background check only takes less than a minute!

In WalMart, a young guy walks me out to my car when I buy a gun! LOL

With my CC permit, I can legally carry my pistol in my pocket when I go to church, or anywhere else in PA!

I feel so much better when I have a loaded pistol in my pocket. The second amendment is a wonderful thing.

God Bless America!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12