Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fly fishing saltwater magazine

1. Default Fly fishing saltwater magazine

IS this magazine still in publication? Direct subscription link? Thank you

Default Re: Fly fishing saltwater magazine

They have went the way of the local fly shop GONE. They were part of saltwater sportsman magazine which is what you get when you go to their website. fly fishing | Salt Water Sportsman They still have some fly fishing on the site but you got to hang out with the bait guys.

Yes Gone. Nov/Dec was the last issue. I subscribe and have been told I'll be receiving Salt-water Sportsman instead.
    A real pity because I did enjoy the mag even though it was very US orientated and I'm UK based, but it was the only one of it's kind.
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/Gforcegerry/shadowcaster.gif
    Regards Gerard

I agree. It was a great magazine and I'm sorry to see it go.

Confirming Fly Fishing in Salt Waters is no longer being published? I've been subscribing for several years, and had no idea it was being discontinued. If they sent out a notice to subscribers, I sure didn't get one.

Years ago, I subscribed to Fish & Fly as well, which was also a great magazine. When it shut down in the US, that's what led me to this forum.

-VB
    ....Just one more cast...

No it is not. My understanding from the notice they sent me is that they will have the saltwater flyfishing content in the Saltwater sportsman magazine. The parent company. But no individual fly fishing magazine anymore.

I was really sad to see this magazine go. I just started getting into saltwater fly fishing this last year and have my first two trips ever planned for 2014. I received Florida Sportsman instead of the magazine I subscribed to. When I called them on it I was told that this was just as good if not a better magazine. No offence I don't mind bait fisherman one bit. But I don't want to read articles about off shore trolling for dolphin or chumming for tuna. I am fly fisherman and damn proud of it. Such is life I guess. Fly Rod and Reel magazine is a pretty good second choice. And Fly Fisherman magazine covers saltwater pretty well.

We really need more participation here in the saltwater forum and i wouldn't miss it as much
    I don't always fly fish but when I do I prefer salt water. Stay salty my freinds