Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flamingo Bound

Blog Entries

Default Re: Flamingo Bound

Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm headed down come May 22nd for my spring trip with Pops. Just booked the tickets. Had bad timing the last 2 years for weather so I have my fingers crossed for this year.

Pops emailed yesterday that the tarpon are early this year due to warmer than usual temps. He lives in Key Largo and we fish tarpon on the ocean side for a couple of days and then run over to Flamingo for a the rest of my week.

Davo
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

2. Default Re: Flamingo Bound

Davo,

we have had a great winter, very little to no bugs. hopefully you get this luxury. the tarpon are early this year so are the pompano, usualy towards the end of the month to the first week of april. hope you have a blast when you are down here. looking forward to youre report. i will be adding to this thread between now and the time you come down. you might also want to look at the thread so. fla. bonefishin.
    Let us all share our wisdom with a younger generation. Tight Loops, Tight Lines and Good Fishing to All

Blog Entries

Default Re: Flamingo Bound

I will definitely be checking back before I head down. My usual travels are slightly off season. Come down every year at Thanksgiving to see family and fish in the Ocean Reef Fall Bone fish Tournament. Last year was tough but 2 days later the Bone fishing was great. My summer trip last year was at the same time as this year. Wind was and had been blowing, so everything was muddied up pretty bad. Ended up with a few rounds of golf and some wet boat rides. Got my fingers crossed for this year!! LOL.

I will post the results of the trip when I return.

Davo
    Davo
    My worst day on the water beats my best day anywhere else hands down!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

4. Default Re: Flamingo Bound

looking forward to it
    Let us all share our wisdom with a younger generation. Tight Loops, Tight Lines and Good Fishing to All

5. Default Re: Flamingo Bound

Davo,

looking forward to the pics from your trip. Keep me posted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12