Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Costa del mar lens color?

For you all that fish the salt and use costa del mar 580g glasses. What lenses do you prefer. The green mirror of the blue mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Costa del mar lens color?

The green mirror are amber lens color and the blue mirror are gray. Amber is usually better for inshore and nearshore sight casting.

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Get the gray base. I fish the green/amber. Great lenses but I'd want something darker off shore. I find the green lens to be spectacular fishing inshore street, rivers and creeks.

I have both the green and the blue mirrored lenses. I had the blue first, and thought they were great. Now that I have the green, I hardly ever wear the blue.
    Homer

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.

having been a charter Capt for over a quarter century and fishing the Chesapeake bay and all offshore and inshore waters all the way down to Key west, almost all charter capts use amber for inshore and the blue grey for offshore "blue water" fishing and before spending $$$$$$ for Costas ( I gave my Costas away a long time ago) look into "FLYING FISHERMAN GLASSES' they are in Tavernier Fl (middle keys)...it is all I have worn for over 15 years

just my opinion also the owners, Pat and Linda are great people to deal with

The blue water suggestions are right on, but if you're hitting the flats, it's rose colored glasses for me. Sorta gay I suppose, but they are sure hard to beat for performance.