Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Sanibel Island

Default Sanibel Island

Looking to spend a week on Sanibel Island this winter. Anyone have any recommendations as to where to stay?

I found places on VRBO - Sanibel Arms seemed to have some decent rentals...

Default Re: Sanibel Island

I've been staying in Sanibel Island for 21 years now. Most years twice a year for near two weeks at a time and after trying several places across the island it seems that for the quality you can't beat Sanibel Arms. Great people, great place. Home-like vibe. Plus if you got a boat you plan on bringing over you can't beat the dock prices and quality. Overall, even including price, it's just about the best place to stay IHMO. As a disclaimer I spent about 15 years staying right next door in Sanibel Moorings and that's another fantastic place maybe more so if you plan to spend more time in the pool than the beach (which is crazy, even a windy "winter" day out there is mesmerizing on the sand). However it's a good bit pricier these days. It was much cheaper those 15 years we stayed there than it is now !

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post

To be honest I don't have much advice in the way of lodging. If you end up making a decision on where you're staying let us know. I've been to Sanibel while visiting family who live in Ft. Myers. We're planning a trip to the area next year and are looking at our options. A few days at Sanibel would be a good time for the family and me.
    --Ed

No advice on lodging, but brother, bring the spinning gear and don't be be too proud to soak a shrimp or pinfish. It is looking like a blustery winter . The winds have hit 15 to 25 knots every day for the last two weeks with no end in sight. PM me for spinning advice as the jacks, lady fish and trout are there. Its just going to depend on the day as to whether you will be throwing a fly or a Gulp or shrimp. Its still fun, just be flexible.

Tween Waters. Great guide staff at the private dock every morning. Boat rentals, beach access and great fishing!

7. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
    No advice on lodging, but brother, bring the spinning gear and don't be be too proud to soak a shrimp or pinfish. It is looking like a blustery winter . The winds have hit 15 to 25 knots every day for the last two weeks with no end in sight. PM me for spinning advice as the jacks, lady fish and trout are there. Its just going to depend on the day as to whether you will be throwing a fly or a Gulp or shrimp. Its still fun, just be flexible.

No shame in spinning gear as winter winds can be a pain with a fly.....

9. Likes fq13 liked this post

I've stayed at the TarponTale inn near the lighthouse before and really enjoyed it for the very reasonable price. However Sanibel fills up fast for the winter months so finding much this late may be a challenge plus it's prime prices over the winter. Better have bikes because traffic is a crawl to go anywhere.

11. Likes dragon11 liked this post