Mystery Line Identification

sneltyr

Reaction score
This is just for kicks. I forgot what line this is. It's a 2013 line that's never been used.

The back part is a little more light blue than the picture renders, the leading section is a pale yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneltyr

Reaction score
Rio Bonefish taper has that colorway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, has to be some tropical, Bonefish or redfish taper. I was originally rigging for that back in 2013 .

Too bad I can't get the photo to accurately display the blue/gray & yellow.

Rio Bonefish would be perfect.

pnc

Reaction score
Thought there would be an answer to this by now. Line seems quite distinctive.
Saw mention of a third color. Is it yellow-blue-grey ? Also how long is the yellow part of line ? Looks short to be head. Is it just the taper ?

....... pc

sneltyr

Reaction score
Thought there would be an answer to this by now. Line seems quite distinctive.
Saw mention of a third color. Is it yellow-blue-grey ? Also how long is the yellow part of line ? Looks short to be head. Is it just the taper ?

....... pc
Just two colors. The leading part with the loop is a pale yellow and is 36 feet long. The back is a bluish gray color

pnc

Reaction score
Colors of line looked familiar. Line it reminded me of that I have is opposite colors. Blue first then yellow running line.
Small section of yellow in pic started me thinking of maybe an intermediate or sink tip. Being 36' long is different story.
From your description of setting up. And lines you have. I would go with this line. If it works for you good. As for which lines on what rods. Experiment ! Try each line on every rod & see which suits your casting best for each rod. You might find your casting style, technique, or timing. Leads to different opinions than those posted.
One person may curse a given line. While another loves it. A line may work for one and not another. Not because of line or rod. But because of difference in casting abilities.

....... pc

sneltyr

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I think I've got an answer thanks to a Rio tech. It appears it's Rio Permit

crc01

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I think I've got an answer thanks to a Rio tech. It appears it's Rio Permit
Being that the yellow length of the head is the length you described, I would say the Permit is the right answer. It is a great line.