The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 08-15-2017, 09:31 PM

smp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the rough
Default Tail Fly Fishing Magazine

Picked up a copy awhile back at a fly shop - excellent magazine!

Just subscribed!

Tail Fly Fishing Magazine | The only fly fishing magazine dedicated to fly fishing in saltwater
Post Thanks / Like - 1 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Thanks von behr thanked for this post
Likes olsaltydog liked this post
Old 08-15-2017, 10:32 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tail Fly Fishing Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smp005 View Post
Picked up a copy awhile back at a fly shop - excellent magazine!

Just subscribed!

Tail Fly Fishing Magazine | The only fly fishing magazine dedicated to fly fishing in saltwater
This is great news! I subscribed to Fly Fishing in Saltwaters until they stopped publishing, and I figured that was a done deal for saltwater fly fishing mags. I'm going to check this out.

Thanks for posting.

-VB
Old 08-15-2017, 10:44 PM

sevenweight is on a distinguished road

It's not clear to me if it is a hardcopy only mag ... I'm guessing it is based on the price ($48 for 6 issues, I think.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:04 PM

smp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the roughsmp005 is a jewel in the rough

I subscribed for two years for $80.00 and that includes both print and digital. 6 copies per year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-16-2017, 01:57 AM

oldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really nice

Thanks guys. It was only e mag for a while and then went to print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 01:38 PM

deceiverbob is a glorious beacon of lightdeceiverbob is a glorious beacon of lightdeceiverbob is a glorious beacon of lightdeceiverbob is a glorious beacon of lightdeceiverbob is a glorious beacon of lightdeceiverbob is a glorious beacon of light

I bought one a few weeks ago. It was okay, but I prefer magazines with more text than pictures.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:07 AM

True there are a good deal of pictures but they are good photography coupled with good articles.. The magazine aligns with older mags like Sporting Classics and Greys Sporting Journal somewhat..
Old 08-18-2017, 08:21 AM

dennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant future

Sounds like a good magazine, I sure would like to find something similar for freshwater.

Enjoy!

Denny
Old 08-18-2017, 08:47 AM

olsaltydog is on a distinguished road

I just put the latest issue in the head here at work since I read it already. Had some good info, liked the fly tying section and the recipe part. Takes a while but the magazine has room for growth. Just hope they don't go the route of other mags and get 70% ads, 20% pictures and 10% articles. I dropped a few magazines for that and hate having to find new stuff to read.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:41 AM

oldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really niceoldskewl808 is just really nice

I contribute to this magazine and any feedback is helpful. What kind of content would you like to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk