Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Vietnam, Thailand fly fishing?

I am going to Vietnam and Thailand next feb and I am looking for any info or anyone with experience over there. Where to go, what species come to the fly, who the guides are and how much it will cost.

Default Re: Vietnam, Thailand fly fishing?

Thailand is cheap to get to. I found it best to take a package deal that includes a hotel. You do not have to use that room each night. I loved Bangkok. I have set up a travel tips website on things to see and the danger from the scam artists.
    Bangkok Thailand City Break Travel Guide
    Bangkok Thailand Dangers - Scams Fraud Sex Lady Boys & Drugs

Flyfishing is cheap. You can enjoy your self at practically no cost. I surf fished from the beach using saltwater streamers. The most successful were
    Clousers Deepwater Minnows and
    Lefty's Deceiver Saltwater Flies

If you can rent a boat these two fly patterns also work trolling behind the boat.

In Bangkok city centre the river is full of large Cat fish. Have a look at the photo on the bottom of this page taken in Bangkok near a temple.
    Bangkok Thailand Wat Rakhang Temple of the Bell
    Just negotiate with one of the boat owners or find a pier to fish from. Do not go near one of the temples as the Buddhist dont like it. The water is always cloudy because of the run off from the mountains so big streamers worked for me like the
    Tarpon Seducer Salt Water fly fishing flies
    and crystal Woolly buggers
    The Black Crystal Woolly Bugger Streamer Lure
    The Olive Crystal Fritz Woolly Bugger Streamer Lure
    The Viva Crystal Fritz Woolly Bugger Streamer Lure
    Tight Lines
    Craig Moore
    London England

Default Re: Vietnam, Thailand fly fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by mentor4hire View Post
    I am going to Vietnam and Thailand next feb and I am looking for any info or anyone with experience over there. Where to go, what species come to the fly, who the guides are and how much it will cost.
    Any reports from your trip?