Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default SA Saltwater Sharkskin line???

I'm new to saltwater fly fishing and am looking to purchase a 9 wt. floating line. I feel like I've read enough about the SA Sharkskin line and its shootability that I have decided to purchase it. The SA site and some other sites I have read suggest that this line performs well in tropical conditions. I live in Southern California, and while I'm not worried about its functionability during the summer in 70 to 75 degree water, has anybody had any experience with this line down in the 60 to 65 degree range? Is that even something I should worry about? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: SA Saltwater Sharkskin line???

I use SharkSkin Salwater 10wt and I hate how it eats into my finger when I am casting, retrieving, and fighting. I originally purchased this line for the durability and adoptation to multiple tempreture, so that I can take it out to summer time off shore game.

I strongly recommend anyone using this fly line to wear hand protection, or meet the taste of Spanish inquistion!

The line seems very stiff, so I'm not too worried about taking it out to tropical climate. However, I only use it when I'm on board, otherwise, I wouldn't wear handgear in the first place.
    Neversink
    Tokyo Fly Fishing & Country Club
    http://tokyoflyfishing.com

Default Re: SA Saltwater Sharkskin line???

I used it in 35-50 degree air temps with no problem---MY hands might ruin the line---i dont have a problem there. I thought it was great!
    "something is happening here but i dont know what it is"---dylan