Going on a trip

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes indeed! I'm headed to Montana April 16 - May 2 to fish with my friends Rod and Allen!
I'm busy tying flies for my trip. I can't wait.

iv_wjb

Reaction score
Same. Headed to Montana with my 13 year-old daughter for some father-daughter bonding time before the onset of high school and boys who don’t fly fish.

Hoping she’ll catch the fever & choose to spend more time with me on the river, as she get’s older.

Stops in Chico for horseback riding and hot springs, a visit to Yellowstone, skiing at Big Sky and a stay for a few days at Madison Valley Ranch, there’s plenty of activities planned... We’re both really looking forward to the trip!!

Leaving in just under a month... Hoping the weather cooperates and the rivers aren’t blown-out!

Mcbeck

Reaction score
I am heading out to Oregon the 1st of May. Booked a guided float trip on the Lower Deschutes with my boy. We're are going to go after Native Red Band Rainbows. So excited I can hardly stand it to be honest!:biggrin1:

denver1911

Reaction score
Already packing for a week at The Villages on Kiritimati (Christmas Island) in April/May. This will be my second trip to the island.

green stick

Reaction score
Yorkshire UK near the Sea and the north York moors
Planning a trip but ideas at early stage . My middle Son who graduated from Uni a couple of years ago is going of to China to work for a year this September So I am planning a week road trip just him and me and some fly rods there may be a little beer involved to ... Scotland and the English lake District are looking favourites.. Cant Wait...Dont think we will be camping more probably stop at Pubs that have their own fishing.. Research ongoing

G S

Reaction score
Heading back to Bozeman for the month of April. Hope to get a few days of skiing in at Bridger Bowl also.

osseous

Reaction score
Just returned from my life-long dream of going to the South Island of New Zealand. Everything I had dreamed it would be!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rip Tide

Reaction score
This thread kicked me into gear to make reservations for our June 'new moon" trip
The June new moon being one of the best fishing days of the year.

We're going here

031.jpg

IMGP0038.jpg

043.jpg

Meadowlark

Reaction score
Naknek river in Alaska in June looking for big King Salmon on the fly...with side dressings of Grayling and Rainbows.

brokeoff

Reaction score
Just returned from my life-long dream of going to the South Island of New Zealand. Everything I had dreamed it would be!!

Excuse me, where is the trip report?!?

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
Just finalized a quick 4 day float on the Green the first of May. Kinda a get to know you float with my future son-in-law, I figure after a few days in the boat we will both know each better;)

And working on locking down a September trip that I thought it would be a triumphant return to YNP but lately the Wind River Range is calling me.

Kev

flytie09

Reaction score
Heading to Salmon River in NY in April. Everything is planned......watching weather reports, stream flows, water temps and hoping that the 3' of snow is melted and runoff has ended before I get there or it could be pretty ugly.

osseous

Reaction score
Excuse me, where is the trip report?!?
I do all this on my phone! Can't get pics to post- but you're right! I'll figure it out on the computer and get one up. It was the fulfillment of a 38 year dream for me- and met every expectation.

oldskewl808

Reaction score
Family vacation to Dubrovnik next spring. We're staying in this place:

Villa Gradi Dubrovnik

I haven't scoped out the fishing situation, but the Adriatic is right across the road.
One of my favorite places I have ever been. Such interesting history and some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokeoff

Reaction score
I do all this on my phone! Can't get pics to post- but you're right! I'll figure it out on the computer and get one up. It was the fulfillment of a 38 year dream for me- and met every expectation.

Glad to hear. Look forward to the report as well.

bonefish41

Reaction score
April 4-10, Los Barriles, East Cape Baja primarily conventional with younger daughter; however, based on Carl's express warranty of fitness and guaranty of catch if I get the fly within 20 feet of a Rooster, I'm taking my old two piece RPLX 11 wt with my Abel 4N and two of his variations of the Crease and Popper flies. But at 77 I'll not be running down the man...I'll be on the beach in a lounge chair soaking some squid in the surf...the RPLX at ready for a passing shot...my right hand holding 16 oz of Bloody Mary no celery but two giant fresh Mexican shrimp...

Here's me trip fly box
Fly Box.jpg

Last edited: