Back to San Carlos

atlaw

Reaction score
Well no one else seems to have been down here(judging by the lack of posts) but I have accepted a new position In Guaymas so will be going down for a few years. I plan to take an 8 wgt, 10 wgt and hopefully get a 14 for the big guys. I'll be there around the end of September and will post my hopefully fabulous successes.....
I will be after dorado, sails and possibly marlin . also hope to try some of the bass fishing at some point. Anybody coming down let me know-love to have some company.

BigCliff

Reaction score
Looks like Guaymas is on the shore of the Sea of Cortez on the mainland of Mexico, straight south of Tucson.

Wish I had the first-hand experience to post on fishing Mexico myself, but not yet. Have fun down there. I hope the overfishing in the area I've heard about doesn't interfere.

atlaw

Reaction score
Guaymas/San Carlos is about 6 hours south of Tucson on a good 4 lane road. Easy trip. The overfishing is a reality I guess when I listen to people who have been down there many years but to me it seems great. There are a lot of local longliners operating even though it is illegal and the Mexican government does destroy them when they find them (and some sport fishing boats stop and release the turtles-and sometimes more) so maybe there will be some progress.