Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Modge Podge

Blog Entries

Modge Podge

Sorry I tend to wander with new patterns and materials. I'll post a couple of them here.

A mix of czech nymphs, not my own pattern but a little liberal with some colours

I tied this to commemorate a fallen police dog named Keno. I have dubbed it "The Alsatian." The blue represents his kevlar vest.

Picture of Keno

This is the Claret and Mallard, not my pattern:

This is the Spey fly extension of the claret and mallard, called the Mallet, definitely my pattern.

More later, my ego is overriding common sense.

Default Re: Modge Podge

Great stuff there man. I've never seen blue Czech nymphs, but with the luck I've had on blue Copper Johns, I'm willing to give it a shot.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Great looking flies!

I'm really digging those speys.

mark

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Big Cliff that blue came from some dubbing a friend in Holland sent me years ago. Todd Oishi who has fished a number of world tournaments, says that you need "eye catching brilliance" that is pretty eye catching, but honestly I have not used that colour yet,

Peregrines the Keno Spey is tied with a hair wing from a friends Alsatian. I am no spey tyer I just challenged myself to learn last winter so the addiction goes on.
    Some of those new spey styles with rhea are incredible, but beyond me at the moment.

I think the only blue dubbing I currently have is the QD stuff, but that's pretty ideal for Czech Nymphs anyway.

I think I'll try some with blue QD, copper rib, mirage flashback, and maybe wrapped sword for the thorax. Should be pretty wild looking.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Blog Entries

Re: Modge Podge

In fast current where czechs are used, the fish often gets a quick glimpse. The eye catching part of the whole thing I suspect is to bee seen and thus be bitten. Let me know how it works.....better yet post a picture.

7. Default Re: Modge Podge

Great job, Can you share instructions for making them?

Blog Entries

Re: Modge Podge

Sure, did you want the czech nymph? I can do a photo step by step when I get a bit of time if you like. If you need it sooner, check out youtube for some great instruction. Let me know.....Kerry