Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Green Butt Skunks, classic and Dee

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Green Butt Skunks, classic and Dee

I tied a couple different versions of the Green Butt Skunk. The one on the left is the classic hair wing version, but I add four strands of crystal flash in the calf tail wing. I also tied the black body with black ostrich herl instead of chenile as it has better action in the water. The one on the right is a Dee fly version I tied with strip wings made of mottled oak turkey. The body of the Dee fly is floss instead of chenile and I made the rib of opal tinsel and oval silver tinsel. The tail is Amherst pheasant crest. Pocono has expressed some interest in a salmon fly swap. I was thinking if we did that maybe I would do something like one of these.

I got a new digital camera. It takes much better closeups than my old one did.

2. Default Re: Green Butt Skunks, classic and Dee

Damn nice flies.
    Bear

Blog Entries

Default Re: Green Butt Skunks, classic and Dee

Great stuff! I started tying Spey flies about two years ago, it is sort of an addiction within an addiction! I'll have to watch for the salmon fly swap.
    Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Green Butt Skunks, classic and Dee

Nice flies Dan,

I'm thinking that with all the winter work I have to do I don't have time to do a dozen flies for a swap............................... but then it would be months before I had to have them done...........