Umpqua Waterdog

rmooney

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to tie one of these for awhile, and I finally did.

rmooney

Reaction score
oh yeah, its a mess for sure. i try to clean it up after every couple of flies, but the hair gets everywhere! its the only tying ive been wanting to do. i like it much better than spinning hair. im not very good at spinning hair, so the flies never come out as good. everything else seems so boring to tie now compared to this...

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
oh yeah, its a mess for sure. i try to clean it up after every couple of flies, but the hair gets everywhere! ...
I took my vice off my tying station and put it on a sink cutout. I've been tying on that because it's easier to clean up. You should have seen the mess in my tying station before I wised up! Stacking is really fun and the flies are so big and cool looking, it's hard to stop tying them. I think everyone should give it a try. Way to fun.:thumbup:

rmooney

Reaction score
Thaks for the feedback everyone! I might tie up some more with a weedguard when I have some freetime.

The tie is every bit as good as the name. Both great. What are we looking at on the tips of the tail (the green)?
The tail is just a black rabbit strip with a small piece of barred chartreuse rabbit strip glued to end of it. the tail on this one might be a bit long, Ill probably shorten it up a bit on the next one.