Body- silver flat
    Rib- silver round
    Tail- hot orange
    Wing- black rooster secured to body with rib
    coller- black

Chris

Blog Entries

Default Re: Night time flies

Chris: Very nice work! What hook and size did you tie that with?

Larry

Looks great Chris... how's it fish?

Justin

Chris very nicely done and help fish to be caught for sure.

-What size hooks.

Larry and Cicvara thanks, the hook was suposed to be #13 and was ordered to do some caddis with but there huge at a guess somewhere between 1/0 and #2 but with 3x short shank (only guessing) they should give an awesome hook up tho

Justin thanks, you swing it across the water the same as any other streamer or wet cast across and down if the water is still its slowly pulled back in if you feel anything give a good pull as larger fish it can be hard to set the hook well (heavy tippet 10-15lb at least)

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
    Larry and Cicvara thanks, the hook was suposed to be #13 and was ordered to do some caddis with but there huge at a guess somewhere between 1/0 and #2 but with 3x short shank (only guessing) they should give an awesome hook up tho

Justin thanks, you swing it across the water the same as any other streamer or wet cast across and down if the water is still its slowly pulled back in if you feel anything give a good pull as larger fish it can be hard to set the hook well (heavy tippet 10-15lb at least)

Chris
    Sorry, Chris... I should have made my question clearer , have you fished this pattern before? Landed any big fish with it?

Great looking fly. heavier and bigger gear that I usually fish for trout with. As they say...big lures catch big fish. I don't know why I fish with #8 or smaller...the spinner guys are casting a landing fish on two to three inch meps lures. Hmmmm...

Even my buggers have been smallish...I think I've got some tying to do
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by simmons_j_m View Post
    Sorry, Chris... I should have made my question clearer , have you fished this pattern before? Landed any big fish with it?
    Justin I havent fished it yet, its an old pattern that used too be quite popular and I just found it in the pattern book and thought it deserved another chance

Thanks JJ

Chris

Blog Entries

I like the pattern! Something I have learned about nighttime flies is they should displace water when they are retrieved. The more the better (within reason)
    Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
    I like the pattern! Something I have learned about nighttime flies is they should displace water when they are retrieved. The more the better (within reason)
    Hi Chris that is one nice fly....I really like it....

I Have to agree with Kerry though ...They must displace water when they are retrieved. They do like the signals.....Like the Old Jitterbug or the old Hula Poppers they send out those signals

FlySlinger
    In our family, there is no clear line between religion and fly fishing" Norman Maclean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast