Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Default Night time flies

    Devil dodger

    Bead- silver
    Body- silver flat
    Rib- silver round
    Tail- hot orange
    Wing- black rooster secured to body with rib
    coller- black



    Chris

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    19,011
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Chris: Very nice work! What hook and size did you tie that with?

    Larry

  3. #3

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Looks great Chris... how's it fish?

    Justin

  4. #4

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Chris very nicely done and help fish to be caught for sure.

    -What size hooks.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Larry and Cicvara thanks, the hook was suposed to be #13 and was ordered to do some caddis with but there huge at a guess somewhere between 1/0 and #2 but with 3x short shank (only guessing) they should give an awesome hook up tho

    Justin thanks, you swing it across the water the same as any other streamer or wet cast across and down if the water is still its slowly pulled back in if you feel anything give a good pull as larger fish it can be hard to set the hook well (heavy tippet 10-15lb at least)


    Chris

  6. #6

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
    Larry and Cicvara thanks, the hook was suposed to be #13 and was ordered to do some caddis with but there huge at a guess somewhere between 1/0 and #2 but with 3x short shank (only guessing) they should give an awesome hook up tho

    Justin thanks, you swing it across the water the same as any other streamer or wet cast across and down if the water is still its slowly pulled back in if you feel anything give a good pull as larger fish it can be hard to set the hook well (heavy tippet 10-15lb at least)


    Chris
    Sorry, Chris... I should have made my question clearer , have you fished this pattern before? Landed any big fish with it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Greenville South Carolina
    Posts
    926

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Great looking fly. heavier and bigger gear that I usually fish for trout with. As they say...big lures catch big fish. I don't know why I fish with #8 or smaller...the spinner guys are casting a landing fish on two to three inch meps lures. Hmmmm...

    Even my buggers have been smallish...I think I've got some tying to do
    JJ

  8. #8

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Quote Originally Posted by simmons_j_m View Post
    Sorry, Chris... I should have made my question clearer , have you fished this pattern before? Landed any big fish with it?
    Justin I havent fished it yet, its an old pattern that used too be quite popular and I just found it in the pattern book and thought it deserved another chance

    Thanks JJ

    Chris

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Alberta
    Posts
    722
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Night time flies

    I like the pattern! Something I have learned about nighttime flies is they should displace water when they are retrieved. The more the better (within reason)
    Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wheeling, West Virginia Area
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: Night time flies

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
    I like the pattern! Something I have learned about nighttime flies is they should displace water when they are retrieved. The more the better (within reason)
    Hi Chris that is one nice fly....I really like it....

    I Have to agree with Kerry though ...They must displace water when they are retrieved. They do like the signals.....Like the Old Jitterbug or the old Hula Poppers they send out those signals


    FlySlinger
    In our family, there is no clear line between religion and fly fishing" Norman Maclean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What flies to use this time of year
    By luked in forum Coldwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM
  2. Plenty of Flies & It's Time To Go
    By Ard in forum General Fly Tying Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 01:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM
  4. How Do Trout See Flies at Night?
    By Fish Bones in forum Coldwater Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 09:26 AM
  5. Best Night Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By kayakcruser in forum Warmwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •