spring break flies

Pocono

Reaction score
Nice spun hair flies, Rob.

Are you coloring the hair with markers or are you splicing in the different color hair when you spin it in? I like the top view on your 6th pic.

I also like your vise; the Renzetti Traveler. It's the one that I use for tying up everything except small dries.

Pocono

rmooney

Reaction score

Are you coloring the hair with markers or are you splicing in the different color hair when you spin it in? I like the top view on your 6th pic.

I also like your vise; the Renzetti Traveler. It's the one that I use for tying up everything except small dries.

Pocono
thanks! i use different color hair. on some of the flies the hair did not spin very evenly, so the spots and lines are not very symetrical. but i dont think the fish will mind :) yeah, i just got that vise and it is awesome. i got the pedestal version and it works relly well.

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Great work Rob!

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Great work Rob! And great colors--- were you listening to the Grateful Dead when you tied them by any chance? :)

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor

Pocono
Pocono, He's stacking hair and flairing it. No markers. I posted a pretty good you tube video a while back showing how to do it. I learned how to do it from the video, and have not been able to stop since. Before you start, heed my warning, it is addicting and makes a heck of a mess.:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p272QK7BpU"]YouTube- Tying a Dahlberg Diver - Part 2[/ame]

Pocono

Reaction score
That's a nice one, Dan! I really like the definition that you get behind and in front of the eyes on the top of that pattern.

You're right - what I don't need now is another addiction! But - it sure looks interesting; maybe something like a Green Machine to start out? (chuckle).

Pocono

rmooney

Reaction score
Pocono, He's stacking hair and flairing it. No markers. I posted a pretty good you tube video a while back showing how to do it. I learned how to do it from the video, and have not been able to stop since. Before you start, heed my warning, it is addicting and makes a heck of a mess.:D

YouTube- Tying a Dahlberg Diver - Part 2
HOW DO YOU TIE THAT WEEDGAURD?!?! I tried and failed miserably.