Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fly patterns

1. Default fly patterns

Hello,i am new to the forum.thaught i might share someof the flies i have tied....only been tying for about 2 yrs.have a good dayRandyhttp://community.webshots.com/myphot...ecurity=NZSowH

2. Default Re: fly patterns

looked at your pictures. very nice. couldn't help but notice that the first 5 looked like salmon flies and i believe the last photo was of some steelhead flies. made a post about salmon flies and would like to ask you the same question i posted. what would you consider to be some most have salmon flies?

Default Re: fly patterns

Randy T.,
    Welcome to the forum. I think that you will find this forum to be top notch.

Excellent job on the two caddis patterns. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
    Terry
    "Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"
    Henry David Thoreau

Default Re: fly patterns

Those are beautifully tied flies man. I should put the effort into making mine come out that clean more often. Thanks for sharing the pix and welcome to the group!
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

5. Default Re: fly patterns

Randy, glad to have you aboard. Man, those are some beautiful flies. I believe you're sandbagging us on how long you been tying flies. I'm like Cliff, been at it awhile, but mine don't look that good by a long shot. Keep up the good work, and keep us up to date on photos.

6. Default Re: fly patterns

WOW! THEY ARE FANTASIC!:holy:

7. Default Re: fly patterns

Sweet flies. Wish I had the patience.

8. Thumbs up Re: fly patterns

Randy T. I sure wish my flies came out looking that good!
    Keep up the good work. You'll enjoy catching fish on your own creations. Continue to innovate, think, and try new materials, and combinations -- and you will be surprised.
    Ya know.... some of my ugliest, gaudiest, worst disasters, terrible mistakes -- of flies -- still catch fish! Go figure! I guess the fish are just hungry. Question: does it cost to post on that picture site?
    In His Love,
    Hotshot

9. Default Re: fly patterns

Hey those are cool looking flys! I was wondering where you got the feathers to tie those?

10. Default Re: fly patterns

it has been awhile since i last posted,and i want to say thank you for the compliments.i have updated my web site
    with more new flies.had good succes this fall on the Rogue River (in oregon) using the caddis pupa tyied in a orange pattern.again thank you for the replies and have a warm winter.
    RANDY TAYLOR
    TIGHT LINES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast