Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killer Style flies using Black Franklin

Default Re: Killer Style flies using Black Franklin

Yes, Chris and I talked about the Killer flies back in January. I am glad you liked the flies. I probably won't fish the double eye Francolin Mrs. Simpson though. The Black Francolin skins aren't cheap, and they are pretty small. If you lose one fly, you've lost six feathers in on go round...lol. I don't mind fishing Kelly's Killer because then you only lose two of those feathers. The Killer flies take in a variety of fish, that is one reason I am particularly interested in them, plus, they are so cool to look at. The other feathers on the Francolin are more in quantity, and also not a problem with fishing them. The double eyes are special. Anyway, I am happy you liked some of the flies.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
    Superb flies! Kelkay, I've been around several forums over the past few years that you've posted your work on, and I have to say that I've always admired & enjoyed seeing the flies that you've tied! Always Superb Tying!
    Thank you, I am honored you like my flies. I do tie a wide variety of them... I just cannot seem to help myself. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts. Oh, I have been tying since Jan of 2008, not really a long time.
    As long as I get a bite, I don't want to leave!

Yes, I'm aware of when you started! You've come a long way in a short time, and certainly have a talent for such a wide variety! Many tiers tie some types of flies well, others not so much, but everything you tie IMO is always exceptional!

Historically some of the world's best fly tiers have been women, and you're fitting right in!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of when you started! You've come a long way in a short time, and certainly have a talent for such a wide variety! Many tiers tie some types of flies well, others not so much, but everything you tie IMO is always exceptional!

Historically some of the world's best fly tiers have been women, and you're fitting right in!
    Big Jim, your comments have blown me away. You are too kind. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
    Anyway, I am happy you liked some of the flies.
    I like them all, Kelly; the K Killer and the double eyed Mrs. Simpson just caught my eye.

I understand what you say about using and, potentially loosing, expensive feathers on flies.

Pocono

Oh, okay. Thank you. Yes, those feathers are a bit pricey...but I got a very good deal on this skin. Still, I don't want to waste them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12