This is for you guys that love Dry Flys this is my own pattern

FlySlinger

Reaction score
Hi guys I kinda thought this March brown pattern up for a Friend in this Club....I Think it will score....What do you think... So I hope you guys like it & I hope you like Dry Flys....

FlySlinger

jcw355

Reaction score
Let the fish be the judge, thats what a guide told me once. Looks good other than it looks like it should have been tied a little more forward. Let us know if it works.

FlySlinger

Reaction score
Let the fish be the judge, thats what a guide told me once. Looks good other than it looks like it should have been tied a little more forward. Let us know if it works.
Hi The Reason It Is Tied The Way it ... Is Because it is a Catskill Type Fly...That is why the Bare place is left in the shank....This allows for a special type of knot to be placed there...

FlySlinger

Very nice. Those examples certainly have the classic look of Cross's dry flies, with bare shank behind the eye of the hook to receive a Turle knot

Last edited:

madjoni

Reaction score
It will score ,no doubt :thmbup:

Hi The Reason It Is Tied The Way it ... Is Because it is a Catskill Type Fly...That is why the Bare place is left in the shank....This allows for a special type of knot to be placed there...

FlySlinger
That is part of fly I dont like

L

Liphookedau

It's a nice little Fly which will catch Fish one I will also try when I dye some Duck Feathers,It will come in handy on a Mayfly Hatch on a # 12 Hook.

Last edited:

jcw355

Reaction score

FlySlinger

Very nice. Those examples certainly have the classic look of Cross's dry flies, with bare shank behind the eye of the hook to receive a Turle knot
I learned something new. Didn't know that. Now what is a turle knot? I know I can google it but tie it on a show us.

tbblom

Reaction score
soooo, its march,
What materials do you use?!
Is that wood duck for the wings? and short tan dry hackle? Maybe a size #14?
I want to make some!

FlySlinger

Reaction score
soooo, its march,
What materials do you use?!
Is that wood duck for the wings? and short tan dry hackle? Maybe a size #14?
I want to make some!
Hi tbblom My materials are Woodduck for the Wings....the Hackle is Grizzley and Barred Ginger ...I over size a little The Tail is Ginger And the Palmer is Ginger also about #16....I am happy you like my Fly......So if we tyie a few of theses we can see it they catch a few fish......

Thanks

FlySlinger