Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: TBs Cray

Default TBs Cray

Tie it just like dan's, but using a few different materials. They are all so similar, but you know how we all like to be a special unique snowflake... Here is my most recent mix.

Daiichi 1530 #4 hook (short, strong)
    Pine Squirrel strip instead of hackle (short 1/2" chunk for one claw, tie in a strip for the second and wrap the rest toward the tail around the legs and wire). (great movement at low speed)
    Clear/red speckle sili legs tied 1/2 way into the thorax. Hot orange wire for segmentation tied at the back of the thorax. Scud back or thin skin tied at the hook bend and folded over the back. antennae are flashabou accent in copper. feelers are yellow/black speckled sexy legs. Medium or small silver dumbell colored black with sharpie.
    Instead of poking the hook eye through the skin, I hide it under the tail.
    Cheers! TB

Instagram page @tblom77

Default Re: TBs Cray

A great looking fly, and still amazed carp will go for something that big. Keep us posted on your carp fishing. That's one of the reasons this forum is so good the talent is spread out across so many species.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

It looks big, but the overall length is just under 2". It gets much more slim in the water. I might just go try it out again today!

Instagram page @tblom77

Blog Entries

Nice vise work there TB,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Thanks ard!
    Is the fishing going up in AK yet? Looking forward to seeing some hook jawed monsters...
    TB

Instagram page @tblom77