Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tom Tickler 2/0 (Tolfrey)

Default Tom Tickler 2/0 (Tolfrey)

This one is on a 2/0 hook which is probably the very upper limit of the size it should be tied on considering the materials involved.

Anyways. Its far from perfect. First thing that annoys me is the head. I always seem to leave too much room at the front of the hook when i finish the body. Something i'm really trying to work on. The herl part is too deep and you shouldn't be able to see the thread part, or at least that much of a thread head.
    When i was clearing up after finishing this one, i found a couple 1.5 hooks on my bench, so tonight i'll have another go and hopefully make the head smaller. A few other bits i'm not so happy with either (the wing could be longer, somthing a smaller hook will achieve), but overall, not bad effort.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Last edited by s fontinalis; 05-16-2012 at 10:50 AM.

2. Likes FISHN50 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tom Tickler 2/0 (Tolfrey)

Eunan: Very beautiful work, thanks for sharing! Much better than I could do for sure.
    Larry

Beeeeeeuuutiful
    Neil
    fishn50@aol.com
    Remember to fill in the dash----

Here's the 1.5. Not really happy with it either.

**** poor head, not a great wing again....back to the drawing board i suppose. body etc are ok though.

Slice the head back a bit but not to cut away materials and throw a big bronze mallard veil over it all dub and big red wool head on there and you got a helluva fine fishing fly. Fish typically don't care if its frame worthy Then you could call it a Tickled Eunan!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Blog Entries

I'm not gonna lie, if you didn't tell me the problems with the first one, I wouldn't have known... Now when I get back to the NE we're gonna get out and beat that yearling skunk to death...
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...