Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cdc May flies

Default cdc May flies

Started on doing my cdc detached body Mayflies for the Galway fly fair and next season here are the production of the deer hair bodies bodies

Here is the finished article

Default Re: cdc May flies

Cool stuff.

We had monday night fly tying contest on a local forum and one night the fly was a Hopper, but using no foam. So I tied this with an extended deer hair body.

3. Likes stenacron liked this post
  4. Default Re: cdc May flies

Quote Originally Posted by laurie View Post
    Started on doing my cdc detached body Mayflies for the Galway fly fair and next season here are the production of the deer hair bodies bodies

Here is the finished article
    Very nice Maestro! I have been enjoying the pattern from your excellent DVD - how small do you think it will work?

Hope all is well - on the road for second week running, so not much time at the desk!

Blog Entries

Laurie and Mudbug: Beautiful work indeed, congrats!
    Larry

Mud bug great pattern i now know what i will be tying today

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Hi Hugh
    you seem to be a busy man indeed, i can tie these down to a size 18 with comfort and smaller and you have to use alternative materials, i sometimes tie the body with cdc and use a large cdc hackle for the hackling as well as the wing virtually unsinkable

7. Default Re: cdc May flies

Hi Lawrence:

I'll try some on 18s and see what they look like.....

Should be fun!

Nice work on both patterns the mayfly and the hopper.
    SHANNON

Blog Entries

Great job guysLaurie I've forgotten to tell you I love your green striped tie

That tie is our A.P.G.A.I.I. tie of which i am proud of as Peter O,Reilly presented that to me when i passed my advanced fly dressing exam a few years ago, he also gives me grief if i do not wear it at our commitee meetings.
    Thanks for your comment Larry it is always a pleasure to hear from you, just working on some new dyed materials picric olive Starling and Picric olive Squirrel it is not actually picric but the dyeing process which i am keeping under wraps leaves the materials a superb picric color for doing olives, here is a couple of pictures , the starling should look better when it dries out

Nice extended body / CDC pattern there, Laurie!

Pocono

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast